anyone need to lose 50 lbs or more

Options
2»

Replies

• ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here! Keep reading! Here are the best tips that I have taken from others - and I am consistently losing my 1 pound a week goal.

1. Eat lots of protien - it really does make you feel less hungry.
    2. Eat something every 3 hours - don't make it to starvation.
    3. Eat what you want, but know what affect it will have on your daily calories -- the other night I succombed to a very scrumptious piece of chocolate cake..... it turned into my supper, as I didn't have any calories left for the day....you'll learn moderation.
    4. Learn from your mistakes. Honest Logging. Turn to the posts for support, inspiration and ideas.

good luck! It seems I have been trying to loose weight since I was 22 -- I am now on a quest for a healthy lifestyle - learn as much as you can on nutrition - it gets harder to loose when you get older!
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 70 lbs exactly! Get down from 87kg to 55kg! (From 191 to 121 pounds)
    Anyone want to add me feel free to do so! I dont bite. :D
    Im eating nothing but veggies, lean chicken and tuna, and fruits. Oh and tea of course. :)
    Im just beginning and im hoping I can at least lose 10kg! (about 20lbs)
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me for support!! =)
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi,
    I need to lose exactly 50 pounds, so would love to be part of this group. I lost the weight about 1 1/2 years ago and thought I could keep it off and not track my food. Boy, was I wrong. I have gained it all back, plus some. would love to support others, and have others support me. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend and we'll go through this together!
  • bubbly12389
    bubbly12389 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Definitely with you on this journey! I'm 22, 5'3'' and unfortuantely 222 lbs. So my goal is probably 70 pounds? Maybe more?
  • corky90
    corky90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    we have the exact same goals same age and height and weight
  • nelsonma
    nelsonma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i will support you
  • Shanette_Thomson
    Options
    thank you everyone for the support it really does help to know im not alone

I am also 22 and looking to lose 50lbs. I want to go from 185 to 135. My profile pic is today at 181lbs. I have a muscular body under my insulation so i'm not too sure if I can get down to 135lbs. I'll be happy when I look how I wanna look :) add me for support!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi! Started MFP at 195 wanting to get back to 140/145 = 50-55lbs loss. 22 Down so far! It works if you use it right! Good luck and if you're looking for a motivational buddy feel free to add me :-) Good luck on your journey/
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing so much weight!!! I would like to ask you a personal question....on the diet shows where people lose over 100 pounds, their skin is always so saggy and they have to have surgery. I noticed that you lost it over a longer period of time...Was your skin able to recover enough that you don't feel the need for skin surgery?
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I'm 34 and need to lose almost 60lbs to be within my optimum BMI. I'm 13lbs down but it's been a hard road just to get there. I am always happy to friend folks that want to share motivational messages and tips and such. I've found that my weight losses and gains being public have really helped me take ownership of my choices until they have become second nature. It's also lovely to see people offering advice and support on posts and milestones. You will get there. It IS hard but so worth it. I am really beginning to notice a change in the shape of my body at last and it feels amazing. I know you will get there too.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    Congratulations on losing so much weight!!! I would like to ask you a personal question....on the diet shows where people lose over 100 pounds, their skin is always so saggy and they have to have surgery. I noticed that you lost it over a longer period of time...Was your skin able to recover enough that you don't feel the need for skin surgery?

I had always wondered about this, too. I know people who were big that lost quickly and have a lot of loose skin and others who lost over a year or two that look fabulous. My concern is my arms so advice and/ or experiences are greatly appreciated.
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 19 and I need to lose about 50 lbs in total (though I've already lost about 20 of it already). Anyone can feel free to add me, so we can support and motivate each other. :smile:
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45 pounds, I want to lose another 20 or so. Feel free to add me if you wish. I'm 5'6" 160 pounds right now.
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What helped me ten years ago was setting a weight and fitness goal. I committed to a vacation hiking trip with my brother 4-5 months in advance and knew I had to train for it and that I would have an easier time the more fit and lighter in weight I was. I got about four pounds from my goal weight and did some good training before the trip. I was the second slowest hiker of the group and so glad that I was not the slowest! "C" was shortest legged so it made sense she & I would naturally be slower than the guys in the group. l continued loosing weight after the trip but gained back after getting a new job and boyfriend and stopped making my health, well-being and weight loss effort my priority.

Two pounds a week is doable when you have 50 or more to lose.

Decide you need to make a change, then follow you allowed intake as closely as you can and you will see results. Making an effort to be more active is important for most of us who end up on this site. Find friends who want to ride bikes, take a dance class. play tennis or do various physically challenging activities together.

Good luck!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've just started here, and I need to drop somewhere between 50-60 lbs for health and to feel better about myself.

It may sound stupid, but remember the story of the Little Engine that Could? I think I can. I think I can. Etc.

If we all cheer each other on, celebrate each others' triumphs, we can all get to where we want to be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!