Right now I want to eat

Options
Not because I'm hungry. For whatever the reason is, I want to go into the kitchen and eat the pringles and the left over ham and whatever else I get my hands on. So instead, I'm here typing this..getting my mind off of it. I lost 25 pounds last year and have gained 15 of it back. I need to get back on track and stop mindless eating. Uggghhhh!!!!!

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I've got chocolate birthday cake in my fridge, it's sitting right next to the salad.
    Argh.
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I'm sending you a mental hug right now.

I lost 32, and now I'm back up 13.

Yo yo, anyone? I feel your pain.

I'm such a boredom eater, it's disgusting.

Just stay here and talk to us mfp'ers, screw the food! :laugh:
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Holy moly. You're my hero.

I am no match for cake.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area, which makes for huge boredom issues. Plus, right now, I just sent my son off to school and for the first time on forever, I have the house to myself!

I have a half of an apple pie in the fridge...good thing i don't like pie!
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Oh gosh! Having an empty house is even worse.

I'm in the same boat.
    And I know there's about a million things I could- and need- to do, but I have zero energy to do it. I'm about to go for my first bike ride or job in a while-- haven't decided which yet.
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I meant jog. Haha. Not job.
  • squoozyq
    Options

I am no match for cake.

I haven't decided which one will win yet, my be is on the cake. I ate a bowl of corn flakes but still want the cake. Can't stop wanting the cake, needing the cake...dreaming of CAKE! Really, it's not that great of a cake, but I never met a cake I didn't like.
  • junkgypsy
    Options

I am no match for cake.

I haven't decided which one will win yet, my be is on the cake. I ate a bowl of corn flakes but still want the cake. Can't stop wanting the cake, needing the cake...dreaming of CAKE! Really, it's not that great of a cake, but I never met a cake I didn't like.

I recall one cake I didn't like.
    But it was a long time ago. Haha.

French fries, toast, potato chips-- those things are MY weakness.
  • NurseMisty
    Options
    MMMMMMMMM....french fries! We just got a ton of snow here over the last week. It's very sloppy outside. Have fun jogging or bike riding!

German chocolate is my fave cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Good for you for writing in here for support. Hang in there. You are on the right track.

It is so hard sometimes, isn't it?
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Ahhh, but I don't wanna get up off this couch!
  • NurseMisty
    Options
    It IS hard. Much easier putting the weight on. Hmmmmm....salad would be a good lunch today huh? I need to get to the store to get beans for bean soup ( left over ham you know) so I could get a cucumber and green pepper and carrots. Sounds good AND healthy!!!
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Instead of going for a walk or anything I'm still sitting here, AND just ate a bologna sandwich.

I know I need to get up and go, I just can't make myself do it.
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    So, I am proud to say that I just walked for about 2 and a half hours, and biked for about 15 minutes. Feeling MUCH better now!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    woo-hoo! Good job junkgypsy. You got a workout in!

Sometimes I make a game of things when I hit a wall. I just tell myself "Hmm...what would happen if I tried not eating dessert tonight....?" and then I go upstairs and take a bath, or read in bed, etc. I find that works for a lot of things I struggle with...even the pile of papers on my desk. I was just looking at them and berating myself and then I thought, hey, what would happen if I took ten minutes and tackled it? It just doesn't seem as hard that way and somehow, not making a total committment isn't as scary.

Hope that makes sense and can help someone.
  • squoozyq
    Options
    I ate the cake. I did it and I'm glad.
    Does house cleaning and running up and down the stairs doing laundry count as exercise?