Biggest Fear : Losing all the weight & having loose skin!

Options
2»

Replies

• stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50+ and I did slowly. Almost 2 years now. (not by choice, stupid thyroid!) My skin hasnt not tightened back simulataneously with the loss, but looking at pictures I can see that it is tightening at its own pace.

I read a medical article that said skin will regain most of its natural elasticity but it can take take upto two years following the completion of weight loss. Hydration and moisturizers were encouraged. Also Dead SeaSalt baths were encouraged. I did this and LOVED the results. My skin felt and looked healthier.

I do have one friend that had the skin tightening surgery last month. It was about $3000 and she is pleased with the results. Skin tightening (laser) is NOT the same as lipo and shouldnt be considered until you are done losing weight and maintaining.
  • knighthood77
    Options
    I am in my 40s, and have lost 100 lbs. It has taken me a year and I do both cardio and strength training.

I have a some loose skin around my chest and lower stomach, but not enough for me to even contemplate surgery. If I wear the the right swimwear (even a bikini) it doesn't really show, and in my view, its preferable to being fat.

Its my understanding that the younger you are, the more elastic your skin is, and also good genes help. I definately noticed improvements when I started strength training and swimming, so the sooner you begin that, the better. Also, keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and moisterising.

Good luck.

I really appreciated your input to this topic. Thnx!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have some I don't like it.

But feel free to look at my photos and tell me which looks better?
    Me fat without loose skin or me toned and fit with some?