Prozac stories

My doctor took me off my medicine finally. I believe I am doing better, but he put me on Prozac and just prozac to keep the edge off. has anyone ever been on this medication? I heard it causes weight loss, my doctor said that he has had to take patients off of it before because of losing weight too fast but I want to know some personal experiences.

thanks in advance!

Replies

• When I first started Prozac, I had no appetite. That lasted for about three days. Then everything went back to normal. For many people it can decrease appetite initially until the body gets used to it. It's unlikely that just taking the drug will help you lose weight.

Sometimes depressed people medicate with food and when they start meds, maybe they stop eating to soothe and that's why they lose? I don't know :)
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    I was on it for years, it had no effect on my weight but killed my sex drive. I finally stopped taking it 2 years ago when I was pregnant.
  • I'm on prozac also, but I have never lost any weight since being on it.. Of course I was also on the depo shot which is know for making you gain :-(