Share How You Did It!

Options
rwestry77
rwestry77 Posts: 2 Member
I would love to hear about "how" you did it. I always enjoy the before and after pics, now share how your transformation came about.

Replies

• laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    Bump
  • lecamire88
    lecamire88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    BEFORE
    45391_431001568515_6989092_n.jpg

NOW
    gkgl.jpg

... How I did it
    Step 1 Joined MFP
    Step 2 joined the gym
    Step 3 learned about healthy weight loss
    Step 4 learned about the food I was eating
    Step 5 find healthy food you enjoy eating
    Step 6 cardio, cardio cardio,.... for me about 5 days a week atleast 30 minutes each day
    Step 7 weight lifting atleast 4 days a week
    .. continue learning and continue being active, but have fun while you do it, and make time for friends and family and don't sweat the bad food days we will all have
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Started about a year ago eating less and just trying to walk to the park and back, a whopping mile. Joined MFP to make it easier to track calories on my wife's advice. Worked my way up to walking 3 miles. Than running a mile, sort of. Worked my way up to run a 5K, then a 10K. Started biking, then decided to get into Triathlons. Ran 11 miles Saturday in preperation for my first marathon in September with my ultimate goal to do a 1/2 Ironman Triathlon next summer. Who knows after that. I don't worry about Carbs or sugar or any of that. My theory, based on personal experience, is any diet that severely restricts or removes entirely the foods you love is ultimately unsustainable in the long run. So the only thing I count is calories and it has worked well for me. I keep my average calorie intake below my allowable, mainly on a weekly basis. I go over and under a little to a lot everyday. I don't force myself to eat back my exercise calories. I eat till I am full, if that leaves calories on the table, oh well. Maybe I'll make it up the next day.

beforeandaftersmall.jpg
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    I keep my average calorie intake below my allowable, mainly on a weekly basis. I go over and under a little to a lot everyday. I don't force myself to eat back my exercise calories. I eat till I am full, if that leaves calories on the table, oh well. Maybe I'll make it up the next day.

How do you calculate your allowable calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!