What's the point?

Options

Replies

• kitmao
    kitmao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try something different and do a low carb diet (as suggested above). Try dropping your carbs to between 50-100 grams, bringing your protein up and filling in the rest with healthy fats (no vegetable oils).
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Oy I'm surprised at all these responses. I have a question for you. When you log your food, are you finding something similar in the database and logging it or are you making your own recipes?
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    I've been dieting, exercising, and staying within recommended calories for near 5 months now. I stopped losing anything months ago and eventually came to this site because of all the support and the weight/measurement trackers. Today I weighed in at exactly the same weight I hit 3 months ago. I lose a tiny bit, I gain it back, I lose it again, and back it comes. I've upped my cals. I've dropped my sodium. I've added different/changed my exercise. What is the point of putting in all this effort only to stagnate at the same weight, the same measurements? Why does nothing I do matter? All I wanted in march when I started this was to slim down to fit a certain pretty dress I own by October. In march I needed to lose a total of 10 cm or about 4 inches. 5 months of hard work and determination and I need to lose 10 cm. I am no closer for all the tracking and effort. Why won't the fat just go away?

Seriously, your eating habits suck. It's all junk. And your calorie goal is high. I'm male, 5'8" and weighed 195 when I started. My calorie goal was 1400. Yours is something like 1700. Eat real food, not coffee with cream, and packaged junk like Snickers bars. You don't lose weight by TRACKING calories. You lose weight by not eating calories and by burning calories.

Um if you knew any math you would realize the 1700 was AFTER exercise calories were added in.. not NET!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Are you confident the estimate of calories burned in exercise is correct. 4 weeks ago I changed my work out - weight loss stalled. I turns out the estimate go calories burned in my new lift program was high.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Being honest your diet looks like crap. Get rid of the coffee that is INSANE! Make your own coffee and get a light creamer. Which will be only 15-30 calories instead of 500. Eat protein with complex carbs in the morning. You need to eat a bigger breakfast!!! Try egg whites with veggies and wheat toast or an english muffin.

Your lunch needs more protein, veggies with a complex carb and dinner should have protein and more veggies,

Also you need healthier snacks. Your not losing weight because your not eating enough and your also eating crappy foods. If you want something sweet or salty try having a refuel meal once a week.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    UP your calories to 1800
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    ouch, you have to give up the high calorie coffee every morning! and no more heavy cream or snickers!
    seriously? snickers every day?

where's the veggies???
    where's the basic foods?

skip foods from a package that need to be microwaved.

then, up the cardio to serious sweating action and there's no way you won't see results. your diary needs a major overhaul though. :D
  • loubeth22
    loubeth22 Posts: 72
    Options
    I was on lower cals very little fat just before I joind MFP. 4 weeks and I lost muscle mass and gained fat so I took some advice from a fitness buddy who told me to drink full fat iced coffee over an entire day as I needed fats and that was the easiest way to add them in. I'm off the coffee as of tomorrow and I'm going to drop the cals down to 1400 as suggested.

I have been really upset about this all week. I've had no chocolates for 2 months and then my partner decided to buy a whole load of them. Comfort food at its best. He's taken the last of them to work today so they're out for now.

Don't eat the exercise calories? I read over and over to eat at least half of them.
  • 33neenaj
    Options
    Being honest your diet looks like crap. Get rid of the coffee that is INSANE! Make your own coffee and get a light creamer. Which will be only 15-30 calories instead of 500. Eat protein with complex carbs in the morning. You need to eat a bigger breakfast!!! Try egg whites with veggies and wheat toast or an english muffin.

Your lunch needs more protein, veggies with a complex carb and dinner should have protein and more veggies,

Also you need healthier snacks. Your not losing weight because your not eating enough and your also eating crappy foods. If you want something sweet or salty try having a refuel meal once a week.

You have a KFC biscuit in your diary and you have the nerve to judge someone else's diary lmao
  • 33neenaj
    Options
    OP eat what you want...UP your calories a bit and just make sure whatever you're eating stays within your caloric goals!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    yup they have all said it.....it is not easy but it will be worth it.
    Your cadrio burn is kind of small and spotty. It sounds odd but I think you would benefit from an hour a day of the same type of cardio..not twenty min. of one thing , ten minutes of the next , .....that just is not going to do the same for your body as an hour straight of one type.

It is hard work to lose weight and it takes along time you are just on the edge of starting to lose....do not stop now..
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    I was on lower cals very little fat just before I joind MFP. 4 weeks and I lost muscle mass and gained fat so I took some advice from a fitness buddy who told me to drink full fat iced coffee over an entire day as I needed fats and that was the easiest way to add them in. I'm off the coffee as of tomorrow and I'm going to drop the cals down to 1400 as suggested.

I have been really upset about this all week. I've had no chocolates for 2 months and then my partner decided to buy a whole load of them. Comfort food at its best. He's taken the last of them to work today so they're out for now.

Don't eat the exercise calories? I read over and over to eat at least half of them.

Yes! Eat them up!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Try better quality calories... =| I'd try to find an alternative to your coffee... I switched to a frozen coffee protein drink as a meal replacement! I love it.. so yummy! 300 calories, that is breakfast, and coffee, and lots of protein. Maybe should also try to monitor sugar.. I know it isn't necessary for everyone to but maybe you should try it. Most of my sugar comes from my fruits and stuff (now a good chunk comes from my coffee drink) but it hasn't been affecting me. Give that a try! =)
    Don't give up on it!! Try to graze! Get some raw veggies and fruits and snack during the day.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options

wow! I hope you do! I think you'll see results! I'm proud of you!
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    It looks like you have very little to lose and in all honesty the last 5lbs or so is awfully hard to lose. I know it was for me. I had to increase my calories to get the last few lbs off so I suggest you try the same.

Oh and I would not recommend any of these restricting diets people are suggesting (like low carb, low sugar, etc) unless it's something you are going to stick with for the rest of your life.
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    More fruit, veggies, salads, whole grain, and lean protein. HEART HEALTHY FATS!!! If you lower sugar and carve, you'll see change very rapidly. You can do it but maybe do some research. Based on your diary you definitely won't lose currently but if you really want to I think you can. :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

You have a KFC biscuit in your diary and you have the nerve to judge someone else's diary lmao

He wasn't asking for advice as to why he couldn't lose weight! The OP was

Can you only give advice if your own food diary is impeccable?
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    More fruit, veggies, salads, whole grain, and lean protein. HEART HEALTHY FATS!!! If you lower sugar and carve, you'll see change very rapidly. You can do it but maybe do some research. Based on your diary you definitely won't lose currently but if you really want to I think you can. :)
    Supposed to say lower carbs!!!
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I've been dieting, exercising, and staying within recommended calories for near 5 months now. I stopped losing anything months ago and eventually came to this site because of all the support and the weight/measurement trackers. Today I weighed in at exactly the same weight I hit 3 months ago. I lose a tiny bit, I gain it back, I lose it again, and back it comes. I've upped my cals. I've dropped my sodium. I've added different/changed my exercise. What is the point of putting in all this effort only to stagnate at the same weight, the same measurements? Why does nothing I do matter? All I wanted in march when I started this was to slim down to fit a certain pretty dress I own by October. In march I needed to lose a total of 10 cm or about 4 inches. 5 months of hard work and determination and I need to lose 10 cm. I am no closer for all the tracking and effort. Why won't the fat just go away?

Seriously, your eating habits suck. It's all junk. And your calorie goal is high. I'm male, 5'8" and weighed 195 when I started. My calorie goal was 1400. Yours is something like 1700. Eat real food, not coffee with cream, and packaged junk like Snickers bars. You don't lose weight by TRACKING calories. You lose weight by not eating calories and by burning calories.

Um if you knew any math you would realize the 1700 was AFTER exercise calories were added in.. not NET!

Exactly! Although 1700 calories is not that high. My goal is 1800 calories BEFORE exercise and I'm a 5'5" female at 135 lbs. And I'm still making progress :)

Back to the original post. You need to eat more whole foods such as fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, and complex carbs. Prepackaged stuff is convenient but they are usually packed full of sodium and added sugar. They also have a lot of ingredients our bodies don't need.
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food portions or guesstimating?

If you are estimating, you could be way off in calories.