pizza for dinner

Options
hello everyone,

i managed to stay in my calorie count for the day, while still eating 3 slices of pizza(i know, i know) its horrible, tons of calories ,fat, and carbs. but i exersised alot today...is this something that will effect my weight loss? should i over stress about it? or is it ok, bc i had the calories for it. thanks

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If you are in your calories, I would not stress... heck I would not stress even if I was over, unless I was doing it every day. A great pizza alternative is to make your own using a tortilla as the crust (toast in oven), add your favorite toppings, just as good.. I use pizza sauce, low fat mozz, turkey pepperoni...
  • amysaenz24
    amysaenz24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks! josiereside!
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt stress at all if your under calories..just dont make a habit of it
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much, but if you get on the scale tomorrow and it goes up, it's most likely water weight from the sodium of the pizza.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I certainly wouldn't worry about it as long you stayed within your calorie limit. I love pizza so I have been making my own. I get rustic crust pizza crusts. I get the great grains one because it doesn't have any sugar. I make my own sauce. I measure out the cheese and you can put on whatever toppings you like. It is really tasty and way better for you than eating out or a frozen pizza.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my all time favorite food. I will not live without it. I have embarked on a lifestyle change - not a diet. I refuse to never eat pizza again. I will eat it like you did - portion control and within my calories for the day. I think you did just fine.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Never stress, even on a bad day.
    Stressing over food is what has caused us to have a bad relationship with food.
    Stressing over one day of food can cause me to become obsessed with what I'll eat over the next few days.. and in the end that's not a healthy attitude.

Tomorrow is a new day. You didn't mess up today.. you ate food. Never cut things out.It fit into your day.
    But guess what.. even if it DIDN'T fit into your day, you still shouldn't stress. Going over your calories every now and then won't make you gain a million pounds. Life is always changing and we're always learning. :)
  • amysaenz24
    amysaenz24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i love pizza, but i will def not be making a habit out of this. i will prepare myself for a gain tomarrow morning, b.c of all the sodiem.. thanks again
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I do that too if I have the calories left in my day and I'm craving it! It may not be the healthiest of choices but fine if its not a habit. Just remember that its pretty high in sodium so the next day if you weigh yourself your weight may appear to be up a little!
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    thats what I had last night for dinner and I had leftovers and ate more today, a total of 4 slices today but I stay in my calorie range though lol
  • sylviaasierra
    Options
    Wow I also had 3 slices of pizza tonight since I am visiting family and I couldn't say no to some New York pizza, but I was really surprised to see I was also under my calorie count! I agree with what others have said, I am not stressing it because I exercised a lot today and it is not like its an everday thing, and we were under the calorie count!
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Never stress, even on a bad day.
    Stressing over food is what has caused us to have a bad relationship with food.
    Stressing over one day of food can cause me to become obsessed with what I'll eat over the next few days.. and in the end that's not a healthy attitude.

Tomorrow is a new day. You didn't mess up today.. you ate food. Never cut things out.It fit into your day.
    But guess what.. even if it DIDN'T fit into your day, you still shouldn't stress. Going over your calories every now and then won't make you gain a million pounds. Life is always changing and we're always learning. :)

Awesome advice!
  • bev214
    bev214 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Was glad to read this since I had Wendy's for dinner...which isn't a habit, but it sure was good!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza on a fairly regular basis. I make it myself though. I limit the fat content and add oats to the crust.