Trainer Calories

Options
Any suggestions how to determine calories that are burned when working with a trainer? For my 30 minutes of weight training, my trainer is intense and sweat is just pouring off of me. It's an awesome workout and I know it burns more than 137 calories. What do you guys do?

Replies

• jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    The best way is to get a heart rate monitor. Every person, trainer, and workout is different and the best way to get an accurate reading is from a heart rate monitor. I have had a Polar FT4 for over a year now and I love it. It's fairly inexpensive and from what I've read, Polar is one of the best brands.
  • lollypops09
    lollypops09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I didn't even think of that. I've read a lot of the posts about them. Worth checking out now.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I agree, I use my hrm when working with my trainer. She likes it, as she can tell that I`m taking appropriate breaks, based on my heart rate.
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM as well, Only way to really be accurate. My monitor reads very close to what MFP states for circuit training in minutes though. I have checked it the past 3 times I went and worked out with my trainer. Tonight I burned 464 calories in 58 minutes and entered circuit training 54 minutes to get cal burn of 460
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Only problem is, HRMs are not accurate during weight-training only cardio and only then if the heartrate gets above 90bpm.

A fitbit is a better buy OP for weights.