Lifestyle changes before college

Options
Hey Everyone!

I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks now, and I'm doing alright, but I could definitely use some motivation and support.

I hit 200 pounds a few months ago and it really devastated me- I got up to 204 and had enough. After a disastrous therapy session, and a referral to MFP from my therapist, I decided to to try to turn things around. I am sick of feeling this way, and I really want to start to make these lifestyle changes before I start college in the fall.

I would love to have some motivational friends who are in a similar boat, especially if you're also trying to fend of the Freshman 15! :smile:

Peace and Giggles! :heart:

Replies

• AlexNickos
    AlexNickos Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey add me I'm about to be in college too!
  • valspaeth
    valspaeth Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 19 and I'll be starting my sophomore year of college in the fall. I...umm...put on the Freshman 15...or *cough* 20ish haha. This summer is my attempt at losing all of that and then some! Feel free to add me :). I can help motivate and try to give you some tips on things to do or avoid at school...and I'd love another MFP friend my age!!
  • CLFryland
    CLFryland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in almost the same boat you are! I am up to 200 lbs. and I don't want to feel uncomfortably big at college with parties and everything. It's nice to know your not alone and I hope I can help support you in any way!
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from college, but I totally understand where u r coming from because I am trying to work off what i gained in college!! Nursing school took a major toll on my body! My first year i did great working out and managed to actually loose a few pounds, but each year school got harder and my workouts/ healthy eating took a turn for the worse! I realized before my last year that i really needed to make some changes!! so now i can say i am heading in the right direction, but losing weight never comes easy that is for sure.

feel free to add me, hopefully i can give u some tips and help keep you motivated. u r starting and making changes so that is already one step in the right direction! Good job :)
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Hello!

I just turned 18, about to be a sophmore in college... A lot of people complain about the freshman 15 gain, and I want to prove them all wrong and lose more than 15lbs during my sophmore year. I would technically be a Freshman, but got a few college credits in HS so I bumped up but that's still okay I'm Freshman at heart :) I'm here 4 u!
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    I'm headed into college as a freshman! I'm looking to lose 30lbs(for now). Eventually I'd like to lose 40-50lbs total. I'd love to add some more friends to keep me moving and avoiding the dreaded Fifteen!
  • becaalovee
    Options
    Hey! I am getting ready to be a sophmore in the fall, and I definitely am in the basic same boat. Since I graduated highschool I wanted to lose weight and tried on my own, its HARD!!!! Then during college I started going to the gym with my friends and actually lost about 10-15 pounds while everyone else gained it! Im not sure how that happened! But now I am ready to go even further and lose the weight I need to be healthy!

Feel free to add me :) Its nice to know that I am not alone in this battle!
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm gonna be Sophomore this year in college and I need to drop the weight! I was really sick almost my whole life and they just recently diagnosed me with a semi rare condition, and after being on the right medicines and supplements (and adjusting to them) I'm totally ready to get serious.

I've tried soo many times, but i just used to get sick, or (as of recent) the medicine I take makes me feel like i need to eat a ton. haha :)

Feel free to add me! I'd LOVE the extra motivation if I don't sign on for a couple days, and I'd be more than happy to do the same for all of you!