Chub rub!

Options
You know - the lovely baby rash you get from your inner thighs rubbing together... I have to always wear spandex or something to prevent it when I'm wearing anything that allows for the skin to rub together... what do you do to prevent it? What is the best workout to diminish inner thigh fat?

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Baby powder or cornstarch works, too....not sure about the workout....but I'd love to try something!!!!!!!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I also wear shorts under my skirt or something like that, but i know deoderant helps, sounds weird but it does.Just rub it on the inner thighs where they rub and it helps to stop that rash
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bumping this and hoping to see some peoples answers!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that you cannot spot train. If that were possible, My backfat would be gone before my boobs.

As far as discomfort, I hear Montistat's anti-chaffing gel works great. Goopy, but has a powder feeling finish. I've never used it on my thighs, but it makes a great make-up primer.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think there's this stuff called "Glide" that you can buy at Academy or Sports Authority. It's packaged to look like deodorant. My running friends use it on their thighs and anywhere else there is chafing.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    overall weight loss and building leg muscle helped me out
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    there is an anti-chaffing powder sold on amazon. I have that issue since I walk a lot but hopefully once the weight is gone that will be too!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard Body Glide will do wonders too. I plan on buying some to use when running soon. I don't get it as bad anymore, but when it's hot and humid, my thighs still stick to each other a bit.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I use deodorant and have for YEARS for chub rub. Even at my thinnest every single part of my thighs touched and rubbed together. Deodorant is perfect! Meant to withstand sweating and it gives a buffer to make your thighs glide past each other.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Body glide if I'm wearing shorts or going very far. Mostly though I wear capri length yoga pants to workout - no chub rub!
  • stephinpitts
    Options
    Sports briefs do it for me. They're just long enough to prevent the rub. Everyone's different, though.
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    This is what I refer to as "my magic"....

http://www.amazon.com/Toms-Sport-Shield-Skin-Care/dp/B001CJX1UY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342756639&sr=8-1&keywords=2toms+sport+shield

I did a 10 mile trail race, in the rain, and came out at the finish with absolutely no chub-burn. Also good for bra chafing as well.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I got this anti-chafing cream. I use it so that I can wear skirts or dresses when I go out. That being said, it's still annoying so I usually just go with shorts lol
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    overall weight loss and building leg muscle helped me out

+1
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I always wear something under dresses or such where mine would rub. YOu can buy, order, or make a slip that is like the old fashioned pantaloons, made out of slip material so that the legs don't rub. I used to use a lot of corn starch or powder but it doesn't last very long, especially if it's hot and I'm sweating.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    BodyGlide, Aquaphor, Chamois Butt'r.

These are a few of my favorite things.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Deodorant~it works and I already have it on hand...don't have to go out and buy another product.