How long until I love TurboFire?

Options
I did the inferno plan last week and I'm on to the regular plan this week. I don't love it yet...

It's great about making me sweat. I've gotten the hang of counting the way Chalene does. Will the love come later on? Before I bought it, I saw so many rave reviews about how great the music is, Chalene's upbeat attitude, etc, but so far I'm just not feeling it. I've lost an inch or two (total) so I know it's going to work. I'm just worried about burning out.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What dont you like about it? I bought Turbo jam a few years back and i loved it the first time I did it. Maybe Turbo fire just isnt the workot for you.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    See, all the reviews on Chalene, the music, how you feel (while doing it and after) are the reasons I loved it as well. I did it twice:) I didn't lose pounds, but lost inches.
    Perhaps these things just aren't what you need in a workout? Or as someone said, it's not the workout for you. I felt I liked it during the first week, and loved it once I got the hang of all the steps.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was loving it my second and third weeks, but I'm on week four now and I'm kind of meh about it. I look forward to doing the HIITs, but the second month doesn't incorporate any so I'm not sure if I can motivate myself through it all. I do love the music and I usually do feel pretty great during the workouts, I just dread doing them a lot of time for some reason. lol
    It's hard to say when you'll love it, if ever. For me, I started enjoying it when I realized that I was getting better at each workout.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I didn't love it at first either. I don't particularly like that style of music, but I got used to it. I think it was about week 4 when I stated doing the HIIT routines that I really got into it. I will say that I didn't find the toning and sculpting to be all that useful. I now supplement with KettleWorx for strength. I want to move on to ChaLean Extreme and then they the TF/CLX hybrid later on.
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I loved it from the get go. Maybe TurboFire is just not your thing? The love might come when you start seeing the results.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Every work out that I've ever done was a Chalene Johnson one. I did Turbo Jam, Fat Burning Elite & Turbo Fire. Now I've doing Chalean Extreme (w/ a little Brazil Butt Lift which is the 1st program i ever did w/o her)
    Chalene is amazing! I loved Turbo Fire. My number 1 reason was because of Chalene. She is so motivating. She makes me feel like I can do anything. The music, I loved too. The work outs were intense & I always felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished one. I used to dream about doing Turbo Fire LOL It really brought me up to the next level in fitness. But I realize it's not for everyone and u may never like it. I think It's always best to go w/ a program u love. U more likely to skip exercises when u dont like ur program.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I bought it because everyone raved about it.

I tried it for two weeks and was so annoyed with choreography and Chalene in general, so I returned it for Insanity. :P

Definitely not my cup of tea.. I am just an odd ball, I guess.