jean size

Options

Replies

• dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'3, 130 lbs, size 8. All my fat is on my hips, *kitten* and belly.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    5'5 131lbs. I wear an AE size 6. Just discovered this tonight! I can get a misses 4 on and button them easily, but unfortunately for me I carry my weight in my belly and love handles, so said 4 gives me bad muffin top. I will have to wait til my belly/love handles go down a little more to wear a 4. As far as Junior sizes go, I have 9s that I have to pull up every 2 seconds. I have tried any 7s on in a while, so I don't know where I stand with them.
    I agree with some else here, I thnk it really depends on how you carry your weight and your frame as well.
    Also a 6 in one place isn't always the same size as a 6 somewhere else. I wish they would pick a size and base them all on it, but they dont.
  • tstokes1786
    tstokes1786 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im size 10 (never in my life have i fit into a size 10 until a few months ago) ive been losing lots of inches the last month though so I might need to go jean shopping again soon! *fingers crossed*
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand American sizes, but I wear 25 or 26 inch in jeans. Here in the UK that is a size 8.

I wear a 26/32 that is equivalent to a size 0 (26 being waist size and 32 length.

Is it? What do smaller people wear then? I am forever being told a UK 8 is a US 4, but a US 4 is generally too big for me. What do people with 22 inch waists wear?

I think she has miscalculated. A 22 is a double 0 in american sizes but a zero is more like a 24 inch waist. I'm a 25 or 26 and I certainly don't fit in a the standard american size 0 in jeans. I'd guess your typical size 26 jeans would actually transfer to size 2 or a small 4. But it's honestly different everywhere. In the UK someone with a 22 inch waist would probably be like a 2... it's crazy.

Sizes get confusing. I think waist inches sizes make more sense. It's also part of why I prefer to buy marked down designer stuff cos its all just one size a 25 is a 25
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ima big girl..207 and wear 16 or 18 but a year ago i was down to 12's. Im working on getting back to that
  • edaaff
    edaaff Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 120lb. I'm wearing a size 6 in American Eagle jeans - but they are getting loose, I pull them and there's a good inch to inch and a half of room.
    I think I might be a size 4 now.
    Trying to get to a size 2 or the ULTIMATE goal is 0.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    5'2--about 113pnds Anywhere from a 0-3 size (depends on brand/style--all my curves/ weight are in my hips!;).
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Didn't read this whole thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating, but jeans sizing is usually at least one full size off from regular pants. If you wear a 5 in pants, you're a 7 in jeans, or sometimes even a 9. Don't know why. It's always been that way (I'm pushing 50 and have been buying jeans for a LONG time).

Editing to add that I'm 5'4", weigh 130, wear a size 4-6 in regular pants and a 6-10 in jeans. No worries -- whatever fits and makes the hind quarters look good is the right size!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im 24, 5'6", from Canada and current weigh 152lbs.

Right now Im wearing a size 10 from Marks Work Wearhouse (dont judge hehe, my company gives me discounts to buy work clothes there). They fit well in the waist but are getting baggy in the legs/bum. I just bought a nice pair of Mavi jean shorts size 31.

When I was 18, I wore 29s or usually a 7/8. Ive always carried most of my weight in my belly and lovehandles, so that has prevented me from buying smaller sizes. Im hoping to get back to the 29s because I kept all my jeans from highschool and still think they are relatively fashionable enough to wear haha

Also,congrats OP on your progress, very well done!! :flowerforyou:
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 171 pounds, in between a 10-12 right now. 12s are loose, 10s are tight. Can't wait to drop a few more pounds and be comfortable in my 10s again :)
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow...that really inspires me as I am a 24 right now....Thanks for sharing that. I was getting sad seeing everyone post such tiny start sizes!
  • acv43
    acv43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello :)
    I am 22 about 120lbs 5"5, usually wear a size 5 in jeans but can fluctuate between a 3 and a 7 depending on the brand.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I went from a tight size 18, wiegh in at 213.8 to a loose 7/8 weighing at 137.8! On August 8th, it will be a year! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Never understood jean sizing myself. Finding the wide ranges of size variance in this post amazing.

I usually stick with Levi's- I have found their sizing to be the most consistent and I thought I could more accurately judge my losses if I stuck with the same brand. I used to not be able to wear Levi's, when I was younger, they didn't fit right in the thighs.
    Love thrift stores for jeans. Have been having awesome luck finding very new looking jeans for about $5.

I am 5'8", 36, and 190lbs. Pretty typical hourglass, busty with wide hips. With my shape I don't think I will be in junior sizes, ever. I will be happy with a 10, will be thrilled with a size 8 and ecstatic with a size 6. .

I wear a very loose 14, most size12 fit well, I can't wait to try a 10... Very soon!

I like Old Navy Jeans too, they seem at least a size or two smaller than the Levi's. In these I have 14's that fit great and 12's that are almost too snug but wearable.

Edit- adding my starting size was a 24w last summer at about 270lbs.
  • princess12370
    Options
    I'm 5'2 126 and wear a 4 but I can wear a 2 just dont like how they feel on me right now, want to feel comfortable in them again. I cant believe how all different heights and weights can wear the same size~!
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"/158 lbs and just this past week fit into a pair of size 12 Levis :-)

I got rid of all of my sweat pants and, at the end of the summer I will be getting rid of all my XXL pants from Old Navy. I'm not giving myself permission to g back! I could stand to lose them now, they're very baggy; but I 'm trying to work with the clothes I have, shedding them as I downsize (and I don't have enough summer clothes in smaller sizes yet.)

My next goal is to get into a pair of size 10 medium lined-jeans from L.L. Bean.

This thread has been dormant for a while; but I still wanted to follow up! I ended up having to buy a second set of clothes, including a few pair of pants to get me through vacation and; and at the end of summer I ended up giving away the *two* sets of summer clothes :-)

This week-end, I'm about to donate all of my size 12 jeans! It didn't take long for all of them to look like "poopy pants" with the crotches hanging down about 6" lower than from where they started and, the ankles bunching up from the legs in an equal amount. I looked like a clown!

So now, NSV: I'm wearing a size 10 mediums, a few weeks before I thought I would be able to fit into them. I'm now aiming to get into size 8s by Christmas!

(Currently 144 lbs and still 5'5" :-))
  • Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'3" and a size 3 in Jr's. I have no hips :( LOL!!!
  • meg516
    meg516 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and 126 lbs. I'm in between a size 6 and size 8... can't wait to make it down to that 6. And then down to a 4 after that!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'1/2" and 105 lb. For Jeans I wear a 2P-4P, Pants a 0P-2P depending on brand. I have small hips but an average size waist.
  • nettles17
    nettles17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'7", 184 lbs. I'm a solid size 14 and have been for years. I carry most of my weight in my tummy, so that dictates a lot. It's interesting to see the variation in weight/height/sizes in the women here! My goal is to not look pregnant. :embarassed: