Biggest change in your kitchen since starting MFP?

Options

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Cutting boards are always getting used. I've also started thinking about expensive knives, too.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    My whole kitchen is transformed.
    We were loaded down with every form of processed food under the sun.
    Today, it mostly whole foods.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    If man makes it, don't eat it. Processed foods have been demineralized and loaded with salt, sugar and fat.
    We eat clean about 75% of the time.
  • ryanumuc
    ryanumuc Posts: 4
    Options
    Removing all the high calorie salad dressing, and condoments with zero calorie ones, also the removal of Soda from the fridge.
  • IleanaMargot
    IleanaMargot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies, no trigger foods, and measuring tools...
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    a scale
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bought a "mine only" measuring cup and spoon set and the food scale. and the new RULE: if it says "light" , "fat free" or high fiber, ITS MINE...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    measuring cups. constantly having salmon & salads in my fridge. just the fact that salmon is on my weekly shopping list lol.
    also, i havent used my pasta cooker in forever.
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good quality non-stick cookware (pots, pans, baking trays).
  • DillonTRichardson
    DillonTRichardson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    More healthy foods and drinks
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    the amount of time I spend there
  • aneexer
    aneexer Posts: 29
    Options
    Real food and actually cooking. Fresh vegies on hand to cook every night, eggs, wholemeal bread ( I used to so dislike that bread haha ) a whole new approach to using the kitchen :) I'm loving it :)
    New frypans and pots to match my new way of eating :)
    The cupboards now hold healthy food instead of quick meal ideas.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    The giant tub of protein powder and my blender stay on the sink rather than in the cupboard - back at lifting and love the shakes with fruit and some almond milk blended with the chocolate powder :)
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    The biggest change in my kitchen is that I am actually in there ;-) I do a lot more cooking since starting this. I also notice that my measuring cups and spoons are constantly being washed. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Food Scale (I love you, my honest friend)
    Buying bacon in bulk
    Buying real butter
    Eating more veggies, so I'm discovering new ways to prepare them
    More dirty dishes

In my computer room there are less Sonic Styrofoam cups and more cups of stagnant water. I know, I'm a mess.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    there are many many more fresh foods, and it's mostly organic. I actually read labels now, and put a lot of things that "look" good back on the shelf at the grocery store before the bad foods make it into my kitchen.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My kitchen is actually being used!!
    My fridge holds FOOD (mostly vegetables and salads) - not wine and beer :-)
    Scales takes pride of place on the kitchen counter
    I eat from plates (not takeaway containers)
    and therefore Dishwashing powder is now a regular item on my shopping list.....
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is less food in my pantry, hardly any if no canned vegetables and no boxed meals or rice.

I have added a lot of fresh produce, I have just about every Mrs. Dash seasoning, and Greek Yogurt, Quinoa, Hummus, and Egg White Beaters are now staples on my grocery list.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    We have lots more healthy choices in the house than we do "junk" food. Today I had to run to the store to pick up some stuff that we had finished: blueberries (and I had to buy a huge thing because the kids and I eat them), bananas, cherries, chicken breasts for dinner and some other non-food items. I only didn't have to replenish veggies because my Dad just gave me two huge boxes from his garden on Tuesday. I'm going to see him on Saturday too, so I can get even more then.

The other change I'm noticing - I actually am finishing up fruits and veggies instead of tossing them when they go bad (they are gone before they could even go bad!). I am running out of lettuce at least once a week! Lettuce!
  • johnydolittle
    johnydolittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups and spoons (thats a table spoon?, crap........noooooo way!)
    Bought a little food chopper (I now do a few onions at a time and keep them in the fridge)

Zip lock baggies (I put all my left overs and cut veggies in them)

Actually that I am in the Kitchen

Mrs Dash (the sodium in EVERYTHING is crazy, crazy, crazy!!!!!!!) I use Mrs Dash now for everything and they have over 10 different flavors.

Fish, I am lucky to live in the Keys so I have fresh fish available all the time (I cook fish at least once a week, try cod or talipia, ....padded with Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle, tbls of olive oil and fry) Awesome!!!! Low cals, low sodium
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I no longer keep chips or pop in the house. I also have a bunch of measuring cups.