New to MFP and need to loose 200lbs

Options
Hello, my name is Taryn and I am just introducing myself. I am currently around 200lbs OVERWEIGHT...I am so un happy with myself I can't believe i have gotten to be like this. If you have any tips or just want to send encouragement, that would be much appreciated. Here's to a start of a new journey for me. :)

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. How'd I let this happen! I had 160 lbs. to lose when I started and still need to lose 90 more. I will tell you even the smallest loss will contribute to a better feeling about yourself.

Best wishes!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • sweetsong32
    sweetsong32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. Get ready to do one of the hardest things you will ever do. BUT you CAN DO IT!

I have 172 to lose. I've lost 28, so 144 more pounds to go. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can encourage each other on our weight loss journey. :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking a first step on taking care of yourself and making your health a priority. There are lots of people here to help and encourage you. It is a very non-judgmental place.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I had 200lbs to lose I now have 180. You can do this too hun. Feel free to add me if you like
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first important step! I'm looking for motivation and support too - so please feel free to add me!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Welcome and glad you've joined us! I have 160 pounds to lose, so you're definitely not alone.

Anyone feel free to friend me, I've got positive energy to share with everyone!

You can do this Taryn!
  • pantherkeith
    pantherkeith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To echo what a few others have said, you've taken the first step, and that's the most important one, because without it, you can't take the second, third, and so on. Congratulations on taking that step, because many will not. Wishing you nothing but success on your journey!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! I have a minimum of 180 to lose total, currently 21lbs down. Feel free to add me :)
  • girlincognit0
    Options
    "it took more than a day to put it on, it's going to take more than a day to take it off."

this motto has literally helped me keep my sanity since I started MFP back in April.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome Taryn (I LOVE your name; It's so pretty!)!! Glad to see you here on MFP =) ! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement to make your weight loss journey that much better! We're all here for you, girl!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Congratulations on taking an amazing first step and coming to MFP. You CAN do this! Feel free to add me. I am on here every day and would love to have another friend to support and motivate :).
  • Spunky50
    Spunky50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! We're all here to encourage you and give you lots of helpful tips!! Just remember this is the first of your journey, don't get discouraged if you slip up every now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!! You aren't being selfish or anything by focusing on your health!! Proud of you for starting this journey!! We're in it, to win it!! Add me as a friend if you desire!! You CAN do it!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey taryn!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :) And welcome to MFP!!

PS. I'm canadian too!!
  • IleanaMargot
    IleanaMargot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to love the support you get on here. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    You will find that MFP is even more addictive than Facebook :) You have supportive friends here and a positive atmosphere. Seeing your progress along the way is so exciting, you wouldn't think that you'd love it so much or even that people actually get results doing this thing, but we do. I started at 224 on May 27, I am now at 207 in July. Doesn't seem like much but I lose about 2 pounds every week.The feeling is amazing and it will be great to see your progress. Feel free to Friend me :)

p.s. CANADA is awesome!!!!!
  • lisasmith469
    Options
    Welcome, I am on a new journey myself. I am two days into this and I love the support. So just keep the mind set that you can do it. I have to loose 100 pounds, so lets take this journey together. You can add me also and whoever else. Looking forward to this.
  • dewilliams30
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and you can definitely lose the weight. I think the majority of us here took that look in the mirror and asked ourselves how did we get to this point? You will find a lot of help here and the site alone offers a great way to recognize those bad eating habits with the food journal. Just remember to take it one day at a time. :smile:
  • fitwithchelle
    Options
    Hi! You CAN totally do this! I was 218 when I started and I feel your pain. :o( I was depressed, no self esteem, hated shopping, took it out on everyone, didn't like getting my picture taken, etc. Now I am the exact opposite. I love to talk, bubbly, have tons more self esteem and more! The biggest tip I can give you is to stay as consistent as you possibly can. Consistency is key! I have a video here if you'd like to view it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6t3x8eGLc Has my before pics and just some tips. Feel free to contact me if you ever need some help. :o)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome many of us have a lot of weight to lose. I personally need to lose 130 more. I've lost and gained over the years done diet after diet and today I have a new lifestyle. I have started to workout and planning on starting Zumba soon. Good Luck