Evening binge eating support!!

Options
Seriously, i don't know if anyone out there feels this way. I am having one of those nights where I feel like binging. Craving cookies, candy, cake, chocolate....pretty much anything and everything (got a really bad sweet tooth). Instead I decided to log on here and spend my time reading success stories and going through the community posts. It reminds me of how much progress I have made so far, to stick with it, and really is such a great motivator. Like a light bulb in my brain went off! It is almost like binging therapy!! Does this ever happen/has happened with anyone else?!

:)
:drinker:

Replies

• alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I am doing right now! Not only does it help me not bing but hearing how other people lost the weight and what they are doing diet wise is really helpful.
  • sdcohen85
    sdcohen85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Right?! I am so thankful. Because of this website I have not binged in nearly 2 weeks!
  • alucido
    Options
    I started this week but I can tell its been helping. I haven't had any late night snacks since Monday. Hopefully I can stay 2+ weeks strong like you! Congrats!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well... Im going to go on the eliptical to get my mind off of eating. Even thou I have to still eat dinner. If I don't "rush into" eating. And give it some thought first. Think about what would be best. I'm kinda over my sugars... So I'll be back in 30 to 60 minutes to log some dinner. You have a really good idea with this binge eating support. Just everybody meet up right here... And keep talking to get thru those moments together. I gotta get my purposeful exercise done. And finish my water before I do anything else. So see you in a bit...
    Congrats on that 2 weeks! Thats freaking great! :smile:
  • friend2cptsolo
    friend2cptsolo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah the past 2 nights I have had some serious evening food cravings. Not so much sweets but for fatty foods....like a greasy burger.
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    Thanks girl! It's been tough, tonight especially....but we can get through it!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was doing well for 6 weeks, until 4 hours ago. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Glad to hear others met the challenge with success. :)

24101214.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    Good luck Karen!
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    I was doing well for 6 weeks, until 4 hours ago. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Glad to hear others met the challenge with success. :)

24101214.png

It's okay, just start over now and don't binge completely for the rest of the night. You will thank yourself tomorrow! I am really full fro dinner and whenever i'm full I feel like binging (weird I know) but just stay strong!
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    Well... Im going to go on the eliptical to get my mind off of eating. Even thou I have to still eat dinner. If I don't "rush into" eating. And give it some thought first. Think about what would be best. I'm kinda over my sugars... So I'll be back in 30 to 60 minutes to log some dinner. You have a really good idea with this binge eating support. Just everybody meet up right here... And keep talking to get thru those moments together. I gotta get my purposeful exercise done. And finish my water before I do anything else. So see you in a bit...
    Congrats on that 2 weeks! Thats freaking great! :smile:

I wish I had an elliptical at home!! lucky! I would hope on that thing all the time, LoL!
  • bwcrouch
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement SD. I had to work nights earlier the week which generally causes very low calorie counts and today I don't feel well. A little too much weakness to deal with the craving. I'll be back on the horse tomorrow. I guess that means some extra time on the treadmill is in order.

24101214.png
  • bwcrouch
    Options
    I'm hoping to add an elliptical to my arsenal soon. It will round out the treadmill and bike nicely for variety.

24101214.png
  • bwcrouch
    Options
    Yeah the past 2 nights I have had some serious evening food cravings. Not so much sweets but for fatty foods....like a greasy burger.

Kudos on the 45!!

24101214.png
  • KJWanzek
    KJWanzek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, when the night comes so do the cravings. For me I am taking classes on line and feel I need to eat to stay up and do school work! I have tried many flavors of water to help. But for me it is the salt crunch I want. I can't have chips or anything in the house like that. Only chips we have are the veggie chips. So glad for this reading peoples stories help me stay motivated! Thanks for sharing.
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    If you have to eat something, skinny cows are great for sweet/ice cream cravings! Also, Rice Cakes for the salty tooth. But for the most part it should me mind over matter!
  • lmiedema
    lmiedema Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just had one! Oreos! Ice cream! Meat loaf! I feel so bad! It's just horrible!

:sad:
  • edaaff
    edaaff Posts: 15
    Options
    It's really hard! Ugh. Just the taste of food is great. I just try and drink lots of water to make my stomach feel full and desperately meditate and pretend I live in a world where all food tastes like cardboard
  • alucido
    Options
    I think I have read every thread out there tonight! haha I just bought the skinny cow clusters today. They are delish, but I know it is to late to eat them. So I will just have to wait until tomorrow :).

Does anyone know how accurate the calorie count for exercises listed on mfp are? I feel like the calories burned during my elliptical workout are really high. I don't know if I trust it.

Thanks in advance :)
  • kcoyle220
    kcoyle220 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is how I am too. It usually happens at night! It doesn't help that its that time of the month either. Ugh.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every night. Nighttime, all night, not just evenings, is my downfall. I try to just eat fruit or something healthy......