New to MFP

Options
Hello my name is Jessica, I am farely new to MFP. I use to come in once in a while to track my calories but, it got boring so I stopped. I guess that was the biggest mistake I 've done. I have gain so much weight that it has made me super unhappy with my self. I currently weight 205pnds and my goal is to reach 130 so in all I would love to loose 75pnds. I am trully seeking for motivation since I don't really have any at home. I have been over weight basically all my life and I want to make that change for the better. I want to feel good about my self and want to get the confidence I once had. I would love to meet workout buddies!!

Replies

• kjacobi123
    Options
    Welcome. I am new in the last two weeks too. We are all on this journey together.
  • haley6251993
    Options
    Welcome as well, I just joined mfp too
  • hardymommy123
    hardymommy123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Ditto to everything you said:-) I have struggled with my weight from my freshman year of college to now. Before that I was always the "biggest" of my friends, but not too bad. Once college started though, my weight slowly kept going up and up and up. Then in 2007 I put my head to it and lost 70lbs!! I looked and felt great for about 6 months....then I got pregnant and it all went downhill. June of 2010 I was up to 219 and depressed out of my mind!!! Down to 170 now, but it has been a very long and trying process!!!

Anyway, I would love to have more fitness buddies so I will add you:-) And anyone else who wants to add me please do:-)
  • shawnakuipery
    shawnakuipery Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    u can do it! welcome!
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I will send you a friend request. My goal is 135 and completely understand what you are saying about being unhappy at a heavier weight.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm the same as all of you. Lot's to lose and it seems like such a huge task! Add me if you want encouragement or food ideas. Love seeing other people succeed...it makes me want to work harder!
  • vbruce3
    vbruce3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too am new at this. Went to the doctor today and he suggested I try this. Any support would be soooo appreciated.:flowerforyou:
  • amymbs22
    amymbs22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome Friend. I just joined as well. I am on day 4 of tracking. I am a yo yo dieter. But for right now, I am concentrating on tracking. Somehow just knowing I am going to write it down, makes me make better decisions. I am trying to make more good decisions than other decisions. Good luck, We are all with you. I am 239 and trying to get down to 180. But for now, just trying to get out of the 230s.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    PS I'm from new zealand, so work in KGs and grams lol.
  • mcherri
    mcherri Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im new too!!!! someone be my friend on hereeee puh-lease!!

and if you're from the mooresville/charlotte are in NC, definitely befriend me! i just moved here and i would looove to find a workout buddy!!!
  • DanniBoyy
    DanniBoyy Posts: 2
    Options
    Woot woot also new. Never going to add a picture that is me. Haha.

Danielle, 21, small but not enough apparently (for my own standards).

I'm not following the caloric intake recommendations at all, so I think I may be able to beat the tracker, who knows.

Anyway, I don't really have any tips to give considering I'm totally new to insane loss, but I'd love to talk to a few people and have some to keep up with and find motivation in. :)

Cheers.

P.S, In Texas. Not going to say where, yet. But if you are also, and want a buddy for this, for running or just simple talk, I'm up for it. Msg me and we will see what's up and or doable. :D
  • vbruce3
    Options
    Im a teacher and I still struggle with the KG grams thing, but Ill try!
    PS I'm from new zealand, so work in KGs and grams lol.
    [/quote]
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    where have u been all my life? friend me!
  • 80zgrl
    80zgrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sending a request your way : )
  • thunderer74
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like
  • jasminecandle
    Options
    Welcome!
  • JLO_1976
    JLO_1976 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm new to this just trying to figure this whole thing out while I tighten everything up with my Insanity workouts :)

Just want to stay on top of my fitness before it all gets away from me.
  • vbruce3
    Options
    OK this may be a silly question but............. How do you know who is saying what to who on here? Seems like just a long list of comments, but to who?
  • vpoohb69
    vpoohb69 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this also, would love to have someone friend me so I can have someone to go on this journey with... :) Im in Texas, just an fyi...
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Irma. I used to be on mfp a while ago too.. stopped for whatever reason but now I'm back and have been back since March this year.. haven't missed a day of tracking my food :) I've lost 50lbs to day and need like 40 to 50 more. Add me if you'd like.. I can help motivate and encourage you.. we can do this together :)