New Here

Options
Hi!
I was HORRIFIED when I tried on my largest pair of jeans size 24 and they were tight. How did I let it get this bad??? Then I went on the scale...280 OMG...I felt like I'd been hit by a semi truck....My goal is to lose 60 pounds. I know that an size 18 is bigger than some member's start size but my goal now is to be a size 18. I'm scared.....but I need to do this...

Replies

• Suvanuh
    Suvanuh Posts: 1
    Options
    I've just decided I want to get my stuff together before I realize i'm a size 18 again. I'm 5'2 and back up to 155lbs. I realized I was eating about 3000 calories a day. I also work and am a full time student so in order to work out I cut into my sleep time, but I need to. The only think i'm worried about it what kind of workouts do I do? and where can I find healthy recipes? I love to cook and I love to eat so this is really hard for me. help D:
  • acv43
    acv43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi!
    I have every confidence that you will achieve your goal. Feel free to add me- I am pretty new myself :)
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well you've taken the first step and started using MFP! Way to go! you can add me as a friend if you'd like I've been working hard for about 45 days now and its always nice to get encouragement from others along the way!
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Irma. I started my journey a size 24 and now I'm around a 16/18. I lost 50lbs to date and I still have more to lose. Starting was tough for me ... getting into a routine and learning how to eat right, etc... but once I saw the pounds coming off and people were noticing and complimenting, I felt like I couldn't stop.. I can't stop... I don't want to gain the weight back. So now it's all part of my routine... Add me as a friend if you'd like... I can help motivate and encourage you :) You can do this!! We can do it together :)
  • niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking the first step!!! Feel free to add me if you wish