5 days in & looking to connect

Options
MDS369
MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
Hoping to connect with anyone who can offer advice & support as I begin my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I've been down this road before (10 years ago I lost 90lbs), but didn't do it for the right reasons & as to be expected, gained it all back plus more. I don't want to be skinny, my focus is on health & energy, and my goal is to get to the right weight ... for me. My goal is to safely & permanently lose 135lbs ... what is your goal and how far have you come?

Replies

• raeCR
    raeCR Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We have the same mind set, though I have I think about 20 pounds to lose. That may be way less but the last time I lost 20 pounds it took a year. I hope it doesn't take that long this time. I plan on being better about calorie counting. My journey just started today. Today I got news that my cholesterol is very high. I have a 23 month old baby and am an older mom (I'll be 42 in a few weeks). I want to be around as long as I can to see her well into adulthood.
    For me this is about health.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I'll be glad to be your friend while you lose it the right way this time :)
  • MDS369
    Options
    Hi raeCR,

Thank you for the note:). I'm 43 & have twin boys who just turned 3 in June ... I really get the desire to want to be healthy & set a great example for them. Please keep in touch.
  • MDS369
    Options
    Fantastic, thanks for the add!
  • acv43
    acv43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I also don't have a set weight loss goal just whatever makes me feel good :) I have only lost 5 lbs so far but that's ok because i feel like I've built up a lot of muscle
    best of luck :)
  • Ouckat2
    Ouckat2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want!:wink: I too am border line high cholesterol and prediabetic.:sad: Also high bp. I had my wake up call this time.:embarassed: I lost 50 about 6 yrs ago and let myself go when I lost my folks just 5 mths apart.:brokenheart: Now its time for me to get this right once and for all and not become full blown diabetic like my dad was. 55 and hatin' it! lol :grumble: