Have You Ever Noticed...

that when someone is eating something really really bad for them all you can do is count the calories in your head & think "I'd never touch that!"

I notice that I mentally count calories in my head nowadays. Sometimes its annoying but other times it saves me from over eating and making a bad choice.

Replies

• Kaitou
    Kaitou Posts: 50 Member
    Yes... not so much with just random strangers, but one of my relatives makes such bad eating choices it makes me want to cry. Not from a judgey-point of view, just that they don't realize how bad that stuff is for them and they want to lose weight....
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    After my long bike ride I got a bottle of water at Mcdonalds...I went through the drive through...they had commercials for every sweet sugary drink you could think of: lemonades, iced teas, iced coffee drinks, ice cream drinks...and there was also an ad for mcchicken bites...all I could think of was deep fried bread crumbs and how many bazillion carbs each one of those little things must have .
  • leader62
    leader62 Posts: 4
    I watch my calories, when, I see someone else overeating, I see it as a warning for me to stay focus and disciplined.
  • vivianngo
    vivianngo Posts: 21
    I do this all the time with my friends, especially when they complain about how they want to lose weight... But I could never express my feelings out loud, I feel like that'd be just rude D:
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    ALL THE TIME. i find myself guessing how many calories i think something is and then looking it up... its all good info to know though!
  • konjure
    konjure Posts: 3
    I've noticed I count other people's calories as well. My boyfriend will eat 3 Hot Pockets in a row on the weekends and the only thing I can think is Wow.. What a waste of 1110 calories. :ohwell:
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    My brother =< . . . sadly, I probably picked up my bad eating habits from him in the first place, but now I know better. He's 13 years older than me and still hasn't changed his eating habits. My sister-in-law tries her best to cut out all the junk food in his life, and has exchanged tea for his usual soda, but some habits still persist. I don't want him to die young ;-; . . .
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    @KuroNyankoSen

This is completely unrelated, but your avatar is freakin' adorable! XD I love fat cats, lol
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    I only do this if the person has complained of wanting to lose weight. If not, I really don't think anything of it, unless its, oh that looks delicious!

My SIL is constantly saying she wants to lose weight (she's not overweight anyway) but eats HUGE resturaunt meals at least once or twice a week! Her favorite is Cheesecake factory. Just recently she posted a picture to Facebook where she was eating a "macaroni and cheeseburger" hamburger and an order of fries.. then a few minutes later, a picture of them all eating slices of cheesecake. I was thinking.. wow.. that's more than my whole day there!

And then a couple days later its, I need to lose 15 pounds, fast!!

That's the only time I really count other people calories, but it's just becuase they bring it to my attention. Otherwise, I don't really notice.