How fast do you walk on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• thescrumisfun
    Options
    Usually I start at 3.5 at 8% incline and the last ten minutes I will walk at 4.0. Sometimes the incline will vary between 8% - 12%.
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I seam to be the slow one here...I do a 20% incline and 3.2 miles an hour....but some how my heart rate stays between 80 and 90 %. I break quite a sweat. I think its just cause im so outta shape..Im sure Ill be doing better in a month
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    warm up 3.0mph walking 4.0mph. and running 5.2mph. I'm hoping to be able to bump up my run speed after I complete the couch to 5k. I'm on week 8 right now, so next week I will have completed it! yay me!
  • Wintertexan97
    Wintertexan97 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I walk at 4.0 MPH...trying to get to 4.5...but my shins start to hurt going that fast....guess I will have to increase the speed slowly.
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    3.0 - 3.2 my objective is to keep moving. Not to die on a damn treadmill :smile:

^^ :laugh: love it!!

I generally walke to warm up or cool down & do 3.5-4 with incline (not sure what % though) anything over 4 moves me into a shuffle/jog.... which is good as I really want to increase get into running.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    4.0 to 4.2 incline varies
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    3.5 on an incline (i think mine only goes to 5%, but I sure feel it!) for an hour or 3.5-4 without the incline for a couple of hours. I usually like to walk while watching tv. Goes by faster.
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Between 3.3 and 4.0 (depending on the incline). Usually I do 3.6 on incline 11 for 30-60 minutes. Sometimes I jog first.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3.5-4mph seems to be my threshold where a walk turns into a run.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    walking at 4.0-4.5 and running from 6.0-7.5. do 3 miles when i go
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I walk between 3.2-3.5 (I'm only 5 feet tall so that's a pretty brisk pace) I jog at 4.0-4.5 and a full out run is 5.0-5.5
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    depends on what i am doing while walking. If i am reading a book, it's usually at like 3.5 at a 5% incline so that i can focus on the pages. If i'm watching tv or jamming out to music, as close to 4.0 or over as i can get without actually jogging.

Mostly though, i set the treadmill to random, picking an average speed and incline. it really helps burn the calories and helps as a high intensity interval training thing.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To keep myself in a fat burning zone I cant got over 2.0 and a 2.5 % incline. I do this for 60-120 mins, and it doesn't kill me..
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i usally walk on 6.0 for 1 min and run 13.0 for 1 min for 10 mins.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's got to be km/h not miles, right?

I jog about 10km/h to 11km/h, and cool down by walking from 7.5km/h down to about 6km/h depending on my mood.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2.5mph on a 15% incline for 30 mins. I guess I'm a slowpoke but I still feel like I got a hell of a workout afterward.. like slowly climbing a neverending mountain..lol.
  • matthej28
    matthej28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In mini-breaks between running at a 6.5-6.7, I'll usually walk at a 3.8-4.0 on a 2.0 incline.
  • mpanter
    mpanter Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't think I'd be able to go more than 3.2 at a 20% incline either! My treadmill only goes to a 10% incline.

I usually do between 3.5 and 7 with varying inclines. Depends if it's a running or walking day. My run days I go back and forth between 6, 6.5, and 7 with no inclines. Walking days are between 3.5 and 5 w/ inclines. I change the speed and incline every 2-5 minutes for 1- so I don't get bored and 2- I read somewhere that it helps with your weightloss so your body doesn't get used to the one speed. Don't know how true that is, but I follow that anyway. haha
  • mAnimalMX
    Options
    i usally walk on 6.0 for 1 min and run 13.0 for 1 min for 10 mins.

how does one walk at 6mph? I spy on everyones treadmill and have yet to see it. Stilts?! :)
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from a 6-10 incline 3.5 speed