Stocking stuffers

Options
Help!! My poor hubby is looking for ideas to fill up my stocking after he puts in the gifts. In years past he's just filled it with candy. He is really supportive of me and he wants to find a healthier alternative. His last idea was to fill it with nuts. I know that nuts are healthy, but I have little control when it comes them. I will sit down and eat them all in one sitting. Not good. I'm looking for suggestions of what he could use to fill up the left over space. It doesn't have to be food, but if it is food it should be healthy.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    small candles maybe, a couple of ornaments, ummmm, trinkets, love notes :tongue:

wait a second,

what's he asking you for? That's not a very christmassy thing to do.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a GPS heart rate monitor, good running(workout socks). Wrist bands, weight lighting or cycling gloves....try to give him workout inspired ideas...workout dvds, notes that contain IOU's...for example one back rub, a walk after dinner, a 20 mile bike ride....use what you love to do.
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I'm putting scratch off tickets in my family's stocking this year.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Maybe a gift card for Starbucks, or new running socks, or herbal tea (if you like that)...it helps fill me up when I THINK I need to eat. Maybe...a new water bottle, hmm...I don't know. What sort of stuff do you like?
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    here's some things I would like to find in my stocking.....maybe you'll like them too...

pedometer
    new water bottle
    gift certificate for mani/pedi/ facial (whatever floats your boat)
    new socks
    small mp3 player for working out
  • araines92
    Options
    He could go to Bath and Body Works or somewhere similar and get the little lotions, hand sanitizers, lip gloss, chap stick, nail polish, fingernail files, soaps and even the bath gels come in the small bottles.

Or he could go to a lingerie store and fill it with something sexy ; )

Or as someone else said the gift cards for Starbucks or spa day and the IOUs for quality time together. (He just needs to be willing to drop what he's doing when you want to cash one in.)

Hope this helps and hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Gum, a nice scarf or gloves, sugar free or low calorie hot chocolate, a few very nice chocolates or whatever candy you love the most, soap or candles, a book/CD/DVD, something to support a hobby if you like to bead or craft or knit, dollar bills :-)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    what's he asking you for? That's not a very christmassy thing to do.

:laugh: :laugh: It's the way his way raised. I was really shocked our 1st Christmas together because his mom asked for my Christmas list. I thought, "I haven't made a Christmas list out since I was 5 and figured out who was really putting the presents under the tree!" Now I'm just used to it. We're pretty much told what we should buy for who in that family.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    My husband and I are just doing stockings this year...trying to save money and not get out of control w/ X-mas gifts!
    Here is what i asked for :)

Cute socks (to wear w/ boots)
    scratch tickets
    Eye shadow palettes from Macys/Norstrom
    Tinted moisturizer
    Leather gloves for driving (tired of cold steering wheel)
    Victorias Secret panties ;)
    Aceessories from the Kitchen Shop
    Mints/gum
    I specifically asked for no candy too!!! LOL!!!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I specifically asked for no candy as well, lol. Usually it's Christmas tradition in my house for hubby to get me a box of Pot of Gold chocolates. I said "NO WAY, please and thank you!"

When we were at the store over the weekend, he bought me an FM Radio earpiece for when I go biking/walking/jogging. It cost less than four dollars, and I can wear it like a bluetooth earpiece. It's so cool!

(Yes, he bought it in front of me, the stinker!)

Good ideas in this thread overall. Makeup, mints, scratch-tickets, give certificates, gum, CDs, a wallet, etc.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We have for 3 generations stuffed an apple and an orange into the toe of each stocking.

If he followed this by a sexy, little negligee...now that would show true support.
  • CrystalT
    Options
    We have for 3 generations stuffed an apple and an orange into the toe of each stocking.

Good idea!! I'm sitting here munching on a couple of clemintines and now I'm thinking they would be a good fillers in a stocking. He doesn't even have to go shopping for stuff like that since it is already in the house.
    If he followed this by a sexy, little negligee...now that would show true support.

:laugh: I wish but he views stuff like that as a hindrance!!! :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love that he's doing a stocking for you. I miss having a stocking on Christmas morning.

Stocking ideas:

Cute, fuzzy socks in your favorite color
    Gift cards from your favorite places
    A special Christmas ornament
    Scented candles
    Bath products
    Teas, coffees, jams and jellies

Anything that you love, really.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

My mom did that every year. I don't think we kids ever ate them, but it was somehow nice finding them there.

Of course now I'd be happier if it were a Terry's Chocolate Orange and a candy apple. :P
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. He's on his own for the real stocking stuffers. Although I'm sure he'd LOVE to look at this thread for some ideas!!! He just isn't sure how to fill it up the extra space to make it look full once he puts them in there since using candy is out. I think the fruit and socks would be good fillers that won't pack on the pounds.
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Of course now I'd be happier if it were a Terry's Chocolate Orange and a candy apple. :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed last Christmas, I had nothing in my stocking... :sad:
    When we were children, my parents put in clementines (my all time favorite), chocolates, walnuts, small trinkets...

I stuffed his with cufflinks, dark chocolates, and magazines.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    He can put the packs of 100 calorie almonds that way it is portioned out already. box of green tea, sugar free gum, and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate.
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Good idea!! I'm sitting here munching on a couple of clemintines and now I'm thinking they would be a good fillers in a stocking. He doesn't even have to go shopping for stuff like that since it is already in the house.

:laugh: I wish but he views stuff like that as a hindrance!!! :laugh:

We've always had Satsumas in our stockings as kids (and now!).