want to cry..

Options
Having stuck to cals, cut out bread, pots, crisps and chocolate - ive put on pound and a half!!! How did that happen.. Any advice PLEASE - I need encourgment..

Its not my time of the month, I havent done much exercise so its not muscle gain...

and its my first week - isnt that supposed to be the best?

blub blub blub... :-(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you open your diary that would help us be able to give more advice
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Its hard to tell with your diary closed, but are you tracking sodium and drinking enough water? Too much sodium and/or too little water can lead to fluid retention.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged yet. You have made a decision to get healthier. Without being able to see what you are eating can't offer too much advise but did you record everything, measure?? It takes time unfortunately.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You'll need to open your diary so people can advise you.
    but don't worry about the scales too much, they vary like crazy even thru the day.
    and you probably didn't blow it the way you think you did cos putting on that much weight for real takes dedicated eating
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The food you ate the week before may just be catching up with you! Go hard this week and weigh yourself again after 7 days. You can do it!
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I didn't even start to lose weight until 5 weeks in, then it peeled right off and caught up with the plan. Give it some time! A week is way too soon to be discouraged, and everyone's body works differently.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    its ok ive had the same problem too when i first started i reduce my calories to 1430 was eating my exercise calories back like everyone told me to and exercised 4 days aweek i gained 5lbs withing a few months i was close to giving up when my parents told me to eat a minimum of 1500 stop eating my exercise calories back as that sounded stupid and drink at least a litre of water aday and i lost that 5lbs plus a bit more within a few weeks, (i gained a few due to an accident that prevented me exercising)

so dont fret it will come off soon :) just give it time xx
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Provided your activity level is set accurately, keeping to the calories will eventually work. When you make sudden, significant changes to your diet your body feels some stress. One of the common reactions to stress related hormones is weight gain. You have to give your body a few weeks to adjust.

Drink your water, keep to the calories, eat a clean (by that I mean non-processed foods) diet heavy in vegetables and lean protein. Carbs are not the evil some make them out to being. A minority of people will react to a carb heavy diet in a way that restricts their weight loss, but a lot of people do not. You have to figure out what works for you.
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you cant give up that quick!! its easy to chose to lose weight and eat healthy, the tough part is the obstacle course ahead of weight fluctuation, food cravings, sore muscles from exercise, etc.. every setback is an opportunity to do more, to push yourself harder, to not give up on your choice.

allow your body to catch up with you, give it time for your diet to kick in, and you WILL see results. but dont give up! =]
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've done the thing where I lose 3lbs one week, gain 4, and then lose 5. Or, stay the same weight for nearly a month. Yep - it's frustrating, but hang in there. It will come off over time. Take your measurements and pictures of yourself, too. Don't rely on the scales alone!
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    dont be discouraged, its only a pound! I bet if you go to the toilet you will be a pound lighter (sorry to be gross but that is usually the case!)

also note that 1 pound of pure, yellow, wobbly fat is 3500 calories. So if youve been eating sensibly and within your calorie goal, then it would be impossible to have gained a pound of pure fat :flowerforyou:
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I never saw results until at least 6 weeks after! Ive lost 20 kilos on my fitness pal since febuary. Give your body time to adjust!
    Remember this is a lifestyle change, take it slow. I still eat some of the things i love but in moderation.