Loosing inches so soon?? Is it possible?

Options
I've been a MFP pal member for several months but started to take it seriously only 16 days ago. I have lost 2 lbs since then. My daily calorie intake is about 1250 calories. I am eating better and finding myself satisfied with what I eat. But there is one thing that is puzzling me in a good way:
Although the scale says I have lost only 2 lbs in 16 days my clothes feels loose?!!! I feel like the "rolls" under my breast bone have gone down a LOT. It just feels like I have lost a lot more than 2 lbs! Anyone else experience this? is it normal?
Im happy about it, but I can't explain the feeling of having lost more than I really have. Why is my clothes baggy when I haven't lost that much?
Comments appreciated :wink:

Replies

• lovemepurple88
    lovemepurple88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you been working out? If so, it's totally possible that you are losing fat while gaining some muscle which would account for the looser clothes with a smaller pound loss.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have you been working out? If so, it's totally possible that you are losing fat while gaining some muscle which would account for the looser clothes with a smaller pound loss.

Yes ma'am I have been working out on my old treadmill. I hope you are right :) I'm sooooo impressed with what is going on! but in a way I am sort of scared to celebrate not knowing if this is really something that others have experienced also. I have not pulled out the measuring tape yet but I know my clothes feels a lot bigger :)
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes indeedy. I noticed after a week that my very fat jeans were fitting a little better. Almost a month in and the very fat jeans fall down. Personally I think it's far better to go by how clothes fit than what's on the scale. If you're bloated, for instance, and the scale says "fatty mcfatty head, you suck" and your trousers aren't fitting especially well, you can see how loose around the arms a fat top is, and not feel down just because you've eaten too much salt or it's tom or whatever.

If that makes sense! Congrats on the loss too.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes indeedy. I noticed after a week that my very fat jeans were fitting a little better. Almost a month in and the very fat jeans fall down. Personally I think it's far better to go by how clothes fit than what's on the scale. If you're bloated, for instance, and the scale says "fatty mcfatty head, you suck" and your trousers aren't fitting especially well, you can see how loose around the arms a fat top is, and not feel down just because you've eaten too much salt or it's tom or whatever.

If that makes sense! Congrats on the loss too.

thank you so much for your feedback! I was afraid I was imagining things LOL ! I use a digital scale my kids have since forever. I don't know how accurate it is. My work scrubs are bugging me thou... the pants feel so baggy. And.... (this may be TMI) I feel like my boobs look smaller when I put my bra on :embarassed: **blink**