People in their 20's

Options
Hello! I just joined MFP a couple weeks ago, and thought I would start making friends on here to keep me motivated! I currently weigh 147 (started at 149...yikes!) and 5'5 1/2'' and I'm 22! My goal weight is about 125lbs. but I'll even settle for 130lbs.

I started gaining weight aroung the fall of last year. My weight would fluctuate, 135 then 140, 138 to 142...and then I reached my biggest 149. I couldn't believe I gained 25lbs.! I always said to myself 'Oh, I'll start eating healthy tomorrow' and of course, I didn't.

Now, I'm really trying to be serious to getting back in shape. I have lost 2lbs. which is a small accomplishment but an accomplishment nonetheless!

I figured it would be even more beneficial if I had people on MFP to motivate and inspire me since I can get off track pretty easily. Anyone in their 20's who are in a similar situation as mine should definetly add me! As for everyone else, add me, too! :)

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, good luck on losing the weight, im 29 so im still in my 20's
  • jasminecandle
    Options
    I'm 19, almost there :) Welcome!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    27 and aging by the second!
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    20! and we're just about the same height!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    25 Feel Free to add me :)
  • maritsa88
    maritsa88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i'n 24!!!welcome!!!
  • Jumeka
    Jumeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 29 5'1" 164 stay stong just started myself
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    27, feel free to add me! :)
  • Tayhasarrived
    Options
    23...Yes...I to have a little bit...Alotta bit of that love to lose :) ....
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    28.. Feel free to add me!
  • angelbaby52102
    angelbaby52102 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Our goals and weights sound very similar.. I'll add you :)
  • clmk91
    clmk91 Posts: 4
    Options
    i just started this week.. seen a lot of success stories on here. Hope to be one of them...240 hoping to get to 130,long way to go
    good luck hun.
  • Kdschu84
    Kdschu84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 27! Feel free to add me! Always nice to have encouragement :)
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 22, 5'2'', and 132.8 pounds (somewhat stuck in a rut at the moment). It's great to meet you :) My weight has fluctuated for roughly the past 7-8 years. My highest weight ever was 156, and that was 6 years ago or so. I lost 30 pounds then, kept it off for over a year, then it slowly came back. I crept back up to 150.8, and decided March of this year it was time to take it off. I've lost 18 pounds since March 28. I completely changed my lifestyle (hopefully permanently) - I eat right and get some sort of physical activity at least 6 days a week, whether it's in the gym or doing more fun things like volleyball. Feel free to add me! We can keep each other motivated!
  • Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi, i'm 22 and 5"4 so similar in that respect. I currently weigh 132.4lbs (exact =P) and I started out 141.6lbs. I'm more than happy for you to add me as a friend and I can help motivate you :)
  • alyssadiaz828
    Options
    I'm 20!! Welcome :) Feel free to add me as well!
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    Hey and welcome! I am 24 log daily and feel free to add me!
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    hey.. im 23! feel free to add .. and Good luck! =) x
  • jojonewman
    jojonewman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    27, similar stats to you other than age, feel free to add me!! Daily log :)
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I am 22, 5'3, and I started at 154, and currently I am 140, and still trying to lose in a healthy and positive way :) it has been a lifestyle change for me, and being active is making a huge difference, that and all the support I get on this site - feel free to add me for support and motivation! :)