Ramadhan any muslims here also going to fast

Options
Hello I am a muslim. I would like to know are they any muslims here who are going to be fasting. the fast where i live is for 21 hours or 22 not sure sorry hours no food or drink for 22 hours I dont mind it the only thing I will miss is the GYM. I dont know how I will manage to go to the GYM. I was wondering how would you reccomend me going to the gym. here are the times the fast starts and the fast ends.
I will begin fast at 1.30 the fast ends 10.30
I really dont want to miss the GYM iv been making some incredilbe gain in the GYM and also my muscle mass has increased I dont want to lose all the progress
so help would be appreicated

Thank you

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi! I´m not a muslim and don´t fast, but I remember having seen a couple of post about the same topic. Try to make a search and see if they come up. There´s a lot af muslims in here. Good luck. :smile:
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Hi! I´m not a muslim and don´t fast, but I remember having seen a couple of post about the same topic. Try to make a search and see if they come up. There´s a lot af muslims in here. Good luck. :smile:

thank you i will check
  • lawkens
    lawkens Posts: 13
    Options
    I am sure if you found a Muslim group here, there would be posts regarding Ramadan in the message boards. ;]

I personally would suggest that you work out after you have your suhoor, or meal before sunrise, if you do. You shouldn't exert yourself excessively while you are fasting.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I am sure if you found a Muslim group here, there would be posts regarding Ramadan in the message boards. ;]

I personally would suggest that you work out after you have your suhoor, or meal before sunrise, if you do. You shouldn't exert yourself excessively while you are fasting.

thank you
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Halal Tasty low fat recipes (homemade)

this group has many muslims

salam aleykum
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm not muslim but I do want to participate in Ramadan to gain patience, appreciation and discipline :). I'm just nervous about no water. I'm prone to passing out and I don't think my job would appreciate it lol.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Halal Tasty low fat recipes (homemade)

this group has many muslims

salam aleykum

Walikom salam sister
    I will try that group thank you
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I'm not muslim but I do want to participate in Ramadan to gain patience, appreciation and discipline :). I'm just nervous about no water. I'm prone to passing out and I don't think my job would appreciate it lol.

im sure uv got disicipline looking at ur goal plan ur doing good u should do try to do 1 if u cant dont worry u had the guts to try thank you for commenting apreciated it
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I plan to work out just before iftar that way I will be able to have water soon after my work out.. and do something after iftar too.. its 3 till 9 15 in uk..
  • meisssam
    meisssam Posts: 6
    Options
    i've borned muslim and i live in a muslim country but i think fasting is not healthy at all.
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Options
    I was just going to post the exact same topic as you!

I've been worrying that fasting will actually make me gain weight or stay at current weight for the month of Ramadhan.
  • benjasem
    benjasem Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy Ramadan to you,

Yes I'm fasting. Nutritionists and doctors both recommend exercising while fasting, just not rigorous exercise that requires drinking water afterwards. I advise you to continue going to the gym but don't be hard on yourself :)

There's a website that talks about ramadan diet and fitness if you're interested but I don't have the url with me, search it its "trying to be fahad".
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i've borned muslim and i live in a muslim country but i think fasting is not healthy at all.

Look up 'intermittent fasting'. Research has shown 14-18 hour fasts are actually very healthy for your body.

In reply to original topic, yes I am a muslim and going to be fasting from tomorrow and also working out DURING the fast. I am in a bulking phase, having reached my original goal weight 2 months ago so I mostly just do heavy compound weights (Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, etc). I plan on working out right before breaking the fast.

edit- You should probably take it easy with the exercise. Make sure to load up with carbs the day before you exercise (Suhoor time would be good for that). And drink PLENTY of water if your fast lasts 20+ hours.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I plan to work out just before iftar that way I will be able to have water soon after my work out.. and do something after iftar too.. its 3 till 9 15 in uk..

mashallah sister stick with it Allah SWT wil help you inshallah
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

my friend there has been numerous scientific research done that fasting has so many benefits fasting is not hamrfull
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I was just going to post the exact same topic as you!

I've been worrying that fasting will actually make me gain weight or stay at current weight for the month of Ramadhan.

U should not gain any more weight than normal fasting does not slow down the motablisim if u are eating the same ammounf of callories than you should be fine its callorie in vs callories out
    I am going to also before iftar go for a walk like 30 minutes before slow walk outside time passes and also its good for me to burn some fat it will be like doing cardio fasted burn more fat im thinking of doing this twice a week
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Happy Ramadan to you,

Yes I'm fasting. Nutritionists and doctors both recommend exercising while fasting, just not rigorous exercise that requires drinking water afterwards. I advise you to continue going to the gym but don't be hard on yourself :)

There's a website that talks about ramadan diet and fitness if you're interested but I don't have the url with me, search it its "trying to be fahad".

ramadhan mubarak to u as well
    i think i know what website u r talking about iv seen it before i will check it
    I will try not to be to hard but im a perfiectionist everything has to be perfect LOL
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Look up 'intermittent fasting'. Research has shown 14-18 hour fasts are actually very healthy for your body.

In reply to original topic, yes I am a muslim and going to be fasting from tomorrow and also working out DURING the fast. I am in a bulking phase, having reached my original goal weight 2 months ago so I mostly just do heavy compound weights (Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, etc). I plan on working out right before breaking the fast.

edit- You should probably take it easy with the exercise. Make sure to load up with carbs the day before you exercise (Suhoor time would be good for that). And drink PLENTY of water if your fast lasts 20+ hours.

brother does dehydration not cause the person to lose strength and focus I mean I try to stay hydrated throughout my workout u can cramp up and u need water during the workout because u will be sweating would it not be better to do it after the fast opens
  • midnightmoon814
    Options
    I am also a Muslim and I am fasting during the month of Ramadhan. I break my fast with a meal, most of the time Indian, and some American food. I have a cup of chai (typically Indian) with a small dessert.
    I drink at least 5 glasses of water throughout my meal and then drink some later on in the evening.

I eat something before I go to bed at around 2 o'clock and am fine throughout the rest of the day for the most part. :)
    I don't know why, but I still feel fat even though I'm not eating much. :(
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I am also a Muslim and I am fasting during the month of Ramadhan. I break my fast with a meal, most of the time Indian, and some American food. I have a cup of chai (typically Indian) with a small dessert.
    I drink at least 5 glasses of water throughout my meal and then drink some later on in the evening.

I eat something before I go to bed at around 2 o'clock and am fine throughout the rest of the day for the most part. :)
    I don't know why, but I still feel fat even though I'm not eating much. :(

maybe u feel bloated water and food at the same time can make u fell bloated but theres no choice because the window to eat is short i try to drink 2 litres water at 2 am and then 2 litres when i break my fast which is 9.40 or so