What was your high school experience like?

Options
musicstardust67
musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
What was yours like?

I'll start:

Mine has many ups and downs. Freshman year I truly realized I was bi. Some people heard about it which enraged me. My grades wern't that good either. I had to make up 3 classes, which were required, and I ended up taking algebra in summer school. In summer school, I started writing so many amazing poems. There of all places. I wrote about my first love. The teacher was a **** though lol. Sophmore year was probably my favorite out of all the years in school, to be honest. It wasn't the absolute best year ever but ya. I got to put blue streaks in my hair lol and a guy had a crush on me and we ended up dating but years down the line he ended up breaking me. We didn't date for that long, like a month, but after that in the middle of the year I started dating another guy. This lasted until the end of my junior year. He cheated and 2 months later we reunited. Aside from that in my junior year, I had some pretty good teachers who actually didn't treat me like I was nothing due to my a.d.d. Some actually cared. Anyway, I did bad on my act's and the guy I dated for the second time we broke up again 8 months later. He was just a jealous **** who didn't want me to have any guy friends. Senior year was ehh. I did have some good teachers, though who actually encouraged me. I almost slipped going down these stairs at my high school graduation lol. Also, boyfriend treated me not so good, middle of that year I got really really depressed. I was emotionally slipping away from him and finally just ended it. Dated another guy, who was younger than me who later turned out to be a ****, too. :(

Anyways what was yours like?

Replies

• rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    High school is such a wast of F***ing time! Really it is. I could have gone to college when I was 15. All my GE's same as high school. I would have saved myself all that drama. People were so immature and still are. Teased all the time. Loner. School was too boring.
  • angelautomatic
    angelautomatic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually had a great time in high school. I got pregnant at the end of my sophomore year, and the guy left me. But I still had a ton of amazing friends and family to help me through it. A week before I had my son his father came back into the picture, and for some stupid reason we got back together and got married right after my senior year. Big mistake. But anyway, I made good grades and all the teachers liked me. I did pretty well on my ACT and should have gone to college, but my priorities weren't really in place. Working on that right now. I actually really want to go to school to be a high school teacher. Ha. I want to teacher psych, sociology, and history. :)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Bad at the start (years 7&8 - I was teased constantly for being too skinny) Great in the middle (9&10 - found me some real friends) Absolutely Frucking AWESOME at the end (11&12 - found me)
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Here grade school is 1st-10th grade and secondary school is 11th-14th although how long it takes depends on you. I kind of missed out on a bunch of stuff during that time, I got my first boyfriend at 15 and we stayed together till I was 20 so I kind of blocked out all my friends (uuugh first relationships). I went to classes, read in the library til after school then went to see my boyfriend. In the end I didn't really meet any new people till we broke up but it's all good now, with the most awesome guy ever and made a bunch of new friends.
  • Jeshkah_Grace
    Options
    I think I was lucky because I had a good time in Highschool, I was never bullied in school (people would say comments to me in the street , but I was able to ignore/say something back), however, I've seen what my highschool has become now in the 4/5 years since I left , and I wouldn't go back there if you paid me !
    But I did have a lot of friends , just lost touch when we all went to different colleges, which I wish didn't happen sometimes , theres only my two best friends from school who I see all the time as we all go out/ go to the same uni.
    But I guess thats just how the cookie crumbles so to speak :).
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I was always face deep in books to remember it, had some associates wouldnt call them friends, got cut from football, never went to prom, and my yearbook is full of "i wish we were better friends" signatures....*sigh*