woman do you retain water when your ovulating?

Options
just wondered if its normal to retain water when ovulating?
i weigh everyday but only note it once every other week and iv noticed in last few days my weight as gone up 3-6lbs and iv had lower back pains too.
i have crazy cycles no never really sure whats going on but im about mid cycle so think im ovulating.

thanks

Replies

• jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    yes I do
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    yep I think it's normal. Annoying, but normal. Being a girl is a pain!! x
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Some people loose and some poeple gain weight whilst in their cycle. I gain and bloat a little, i try to drink extra water it helps me. If your bloating because of water you need to also drink more not less :-) Just dont weight during that time, its pointless.xx
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I always do!
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    definitely!! what it's like to be a woman huh :P
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes, It's so annoying. Retain water, get so fatigued and then the lower back pains.. Ugh!
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    yes! loads its horrible.. i find if i take HRI Water Balance 50 tablets, 2 tablets after brecky and 2 after dinner, they work wonders! i only take them 3 days before i period up until the last day of my period but since ive started taking them i'm always lighter when i weigh myself on my period (and it makes you pee alot haha) which must be a good sign!
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I was just about to google this exact question. I ovulated last night/this morning and I weighed myself and of course, I am retaining water. I'm glad I'm not alone in that, it was strange to me. Also, my nipples have started being sore after ovulation, and I never noticed that before either.
  • jackieoschman
    Options
    So glad to see these posts! I have also picked up weight this week and I just couldn't understand because I eat exactly according to what I must and I exercise. So frustrating! I nearly gave up, but now looking forward to next week's loss.......
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    YES! I retain when I'm ovulating AND pms-ing. In other words, there is only about 1 week a month when I am not bloated from hormonal changes =\ (I literally look 6 months pregnant even though I usually have a fairly flat tummy)

I am considering seeing someone because my mom had the same issues when she was younger and they didn't go away until she went through menopause.
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day I questioned this myself. Obviously, I retain right as it's going to start. But yesterday, I was bloated, rings tight, and I'd gained 2lbs since last week. I put it down to water wait.

Sure enough several hours later, I felt the ovulation pains. I drank double my usual water intake yesterday and feel much less bloated. Pants are feeling looser than they were yesterday.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and thought the same thing.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I find that my weight fluctuates more rapidly (I assume from water retention) and I get an acne flair up when I ovulate. Sexy, right?
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    I can't stand this week! I hit an all time low weight on Monday and stayed the course with my healthy eating and exercise. I got my period on Thursday so the rest of the week I've totally bloated and my all time low seems so far away again! Thanks for sharing everyone's sad stories - they've inspired me to go and lift some weights and get that metabolism up!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    think so
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    shut the front door! so that's where these inconceivable 5 lbs have come from this week? and how have I made it all these years w/o noticing that? just started paying closer attention/charting these last few months...
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I know I do Just before and during my period, but when ovulating I'm not sure.....that would explain while the scale isn't moving in the right direction this week though!!
  • cassiee1234
    cassiee1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on depo so don't actually get 'periods' per-sey. But can definately tell when the time of the month would be if I wasn't on depo because I retain water like CRAZY! I weighed myself one day and was 72.3 kgs. The next day I was 73.8! I get really bad bloating aswell...gives me the worst looking 'baby belly' ever!
  • efahey
    efahey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for this info! i am going to try these to loose some bloat i am experiencing...

ive been exercising, eating healthy regularly (as always) but have been extra focused this last month in prep for a party this weekend... but TYPICAL... i get bloated and all my visible results go out the window. pfft haha hopefully these pills help a bit :s