Trying to lose weight

Hey all! I'm Steph, 17 and I'm from the UK. I'm in my last year of college and I really want to lose weight before I go to university so I guess I have plenty of time :P But most of the time I just sit on my bum all day playing games. However, I have terrible willpower so I'm really hoping I'll be able to stay on the bandwagon! Plus I'm also clueless when it comes to food.

Replies

• shylam
    shylam Posts: 2 Member
    HI, I know how hard it is. I am trying to lose weight also but I keep losing my way. I want to lose it so that I can feel comfortable doing things with my daughter. My fitness pal is great, I know lots of people who are loseing weight using it or are maintaning there weight lose through it. Just don't set your weekly goal too high 1 to 2 pounds is what you should be shoting for a week. Any more than that and you will more than likely give up. I have also been to a nutricienist and have learned alot so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
  • lilme_2k
    lilme_2k Posts: 10 Member
    I agree with shylam. I always wanted to lose weight, but never did anything about it till about 1 month ago. I joined my fitness pal and i have lost just over 10lbs in that time without trying too hard. I've eaten watever i wanted, but in smaller portions and added more veg. Still got a while to go to reach my goal, but Little changes here and there go a long way. Goodluck
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    As cliche as it sounds "do, or do not. There is no try" in losing weight. The best advice I can give is to make a decision and stick with it. Especially when you're still in school because you're going to have so many distractions. If you need feedback and accountabity feel free to add me. Otherwise best of luck with your endeavours.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Hi Steph,
    You have come to a good place. MFP provides plenty of support and has an excellent food and exercise data base.
    Good Luck!
  • Hey Stephanie.
    I am one of those people who sit on my bum daily not just because of work but because after school, work I am so tired when I get home and lazy no will power to do nothing. I just sit and watch tv with my fiancé. He support me but he is not great at it.

Add me I am happy to help you give who's willpower and support only if you do the same

21 and trying to aim to lose 80 lbs
  • nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    all interested join my group, with tons of encouragement and support ! I'll invite you all