Obese no more!

Options
1960HikerDude
1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
I just recalculated my BMI based this morning's weigh-in. My BMI is now 29.9. A BMI of 30.0 or above is considered obese. This means I am no longer obese.

This is a small victor compared to some of the achievements posted here. I still have a long way to go to get to a healthy weight. But, this is important psychological milestone for me. I just want to share this small victory.

Replies

• 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    that's awesome,keep it up!
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Great job!! It feels good to get out of that category and it take a lot of dedication. Keep it up cause you are doing amazing :-)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember when I reached the same milestone and the feeling is awesome. Keep it up and well done!
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - well done. I've been there too, so I know how amazing it feels to be "overweight" :-)

I'm just 2 lbs off of being "healthy" now, once there, I'm hoping to lose 3 more lbs then go onto maintenance.

What is your next goal?
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    WTG!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Several years ago when I first bought my Wii Fit, it told me I was obese. When I got on that thing one day and it told me I was "overweight" instead of "obese", I was so excited. Here I am all these years later, and I'm obese again. But, I can't wait to do my weekly weigh-in sometime in the near future and find that I am "overweight". I totally get what you are saying. My current BMI is 30.6 according to the Wii. So, it's coming soon. Congratulations. Wonder how I'll feel when it drops from "overweight" to "normal"?
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Congratulations! That is a FANTASTIC milestone, mentally and physically. I'm sure your body is much healthier now. Hope you feel great!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :) Keep up all the hard work!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    I'm very happy for you and a bit jealous as I still have .3 to go to cross over.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I just recalculated my BMI based this morning's weigh-in. My BMI is now 29.9. A BMI of 30.0 or above is considered obese. This means I am no longer obese.

This is a small victor compared to some of the achievements posted here. I still have a long way to go to get to a healthy weight. But, this is important psychological milestone for me. I just want to share this small victory.

everybody's achievements are different and yours is a HUGE victory..and a wonderful feeling to have reduced your BMI. Congratulations!
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic achievement, well done on your success!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great!!! That is a wonderful feeling for sure!:flowerforyou:
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! I was there a couple weeks ago so I know the feeling is amazing! Congrats on your achievement!
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!!! Congats, that is not a small victory at all. it is a HUGE one!! You need to celebrate the feeling!
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    awesome! Great job.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's no small achievement. I remember that feeling well! :smile:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    That is sooo wonderful!!! Congrats to you, that is a HUGE achievement!!! I bet you are so excited to have crossed over to the next level, I know I would be!!! Keep it up!!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Way to go! What a great feeling!
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Wonderful!!! I am so happy for you!! Great job. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!