How much weight can muscle's add to the scale?

I'm just wondering if any has the answer. I'm 154 pounds down from 165 and I'm 5 ft 1, it is massive for my frame, my hips measure 44 inches, my waist is 32 inches and my thighs are 24 inches.... I know I'm big but I look at other girls who weight around the same as I do and I don't feel I look as big as them.

I'm just wondering because my calf's are extremely muscly, my boyfriend says I have man legs. I used to do a lot of walking at high speeds and I used to be a lot slimmer, I'm just wondering would this effect the numbers on the scale?

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    I'm not sure about actual weight, but you could get your body fat measured, and then you would have an idea of how much lean muscle you have....if your body fat percentage is normal/low, then you would know you have a lot of muscle! I don't believe in on-line calculators for body fat measurements...try to get your measurements taken by a professional at a gym/doctor's office.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat the difference is volume. Muscle is more dense then fat so If you think you look smaller because you have more muscle then you probably do, but the only way to know would be to measure your percent of fat verses said people you are comparing yourself to.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    If you are new to strength training but are in a caloric deficit you would be lucky to gain more than 1-2 lbs/month. Once beginner gains are maxed out you will start losing muscle along with fat as you lose weight (strength training will help retain the muscle you already have )
  • jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    Seek the advice of a professional.