Epic...Fail.

Options
So last night I went not just to the midnight showing of Batman...but to the marathon (all three movies, starting at 6PM)...

I didn't get to the gym yesterday because I didn't want to get up early, knowing I'd be up until 3:00AM (turned out to be closer to 3:30AM) and I didn't have time between work and the first movie to go.

Long story short I went WAAAAYYY over on calories yesterday (I don't need to log the food to know that). We got movie theater popcorn and I ate way too much...went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ate and drank there...and had peanut butter cups....

Granted, yesterday was my "cheat" day...but I know I went overobard. This morning I just feel disgusting...and disappointed in myself. I'm going to the gym today and it's back to my usual food logging and healthy lifestyle...I am just so mad at myself and have been beating myself up starting last night at dinner.

Just need some encouragement and support. I know we all mess up sometimes, but I'm just so angry.

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    it's yesterday. learn from it and move forward. whenever i think about having a day like this, i try to remember that next morning feeling, which is usually enough to keep me from repeating it....

i'm not sure i wouldn't have done the same thing tho...
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh honey it's ok!!! We have all been-there-done-that! Today is a new day and it's obvious you know you ate bad and it's obvious you know you want to be better today. THAT is the best possible start!! You will be fine and I know you feel yucky today but today you will have a great day and tomorrow you will wake up feeling great because of it. Focus on that and stop beating yourself up :)
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You already have the right idea in mind, start over today. What you did yesterday is called living. We cannot continue on our journey if we do not continue to live. You just have to make sure that you realize that yesterday was just a blip, not to be continued. You can do it!!
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh do I have days like that too. Yeah sometimes I beat myself up about it and hate having to re-lose lbs I had already lost but yeah the best advice is today is a new day. I think if you didn't have days like that once in a while when you aren't consumed with calories counts and workout minutes then you won't stick with it for the long haul. We are only human after all! Best of luck to you.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    2 days ago I ate around 3000 calories,

life happen, just get back to it today
  • cmmurphy20002003
    cmmurphy20002003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First off - forgive yourself. Secondly, track what you did consume so that you know exactly how bad you did - you may be surprised and not have been too very much over. Thirdly, get back on track today and minimize the damage. You can't get extraordinary results without doing something extraordinary! Good luck! You can do this!
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I overate at a Church picnic and then went to Red Robin for dinner. We are humans; we make mistakes. The important thing is that you jump right back on the horse the next day.
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. It's one day, and now it's over and you can't change it. Move forward. Forgive yourself. We all make mistakes. Like you said, it was your cheat day. Allow yourself that. Today is a new day, you can start fresh. Don't worry about it so much!! It will be okay. Now, if you were doing this every day I would be concerned.. but it's one day! It's not as bad as you think it is. We've all been there. Now go and have a good weekend! :)
  • bwdcjk
    Options
    I was in a meeting yesterday about controlling stress and we had to go around the room and say something we do to alleviate stress or to leave stressors behind us and move on. One lady said she writes down all her bad thoughts and then rips it up and throws it away (or burn it in like a fireplace or fire pit). That was a great idea that maybe you can use in this case. Write down all your angry words to yourself about yesterday and then rip it up, throw it out and move on. Surely can't hurt anything to give it a try.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouraging words...it's more reassuring than you know. I know today is a fresh start...and I'll "Treat" myself tonight to my favorite healthy dinner-Veggie pita sandwich :D (A healthy "indulgence") before my bachelorette party.

I know I have to allow myself days when I can go out and have fun...I've been on the verge of an eating disorder so many times, I don't want to take this too far. I was just so proud of my progress and have a wedding coming up soon...It helps to have such kind and encouraging words.
  • MSepp
    Options
    So I logged my intake from yesterday (somehow I feel like that movie theater popcorn number is wrong). Pretty bad, but I can move on from that. Gonna do my workout at the gym after work and have my yummy veggie sandwich for dinner...maybe try out some of that skinny girl wine-anybody try it yet? Is it worth buying?
  • bwdcjk
    Options
    So I logged my intake from yesterday (somehow I feel like that movie theater popcorn number is wrong). Pretty bad, but I can move on from that. Gonna do my workout at the gym after work and have my yummy veggie sandwich for dinner...maybe try out some of that skinny girl wine-anybody try it yet? Is it worth buying?

I got a really high calorie number when I logged movie theatre popcorn once too....like 3000 calories for 2 cups or something like that. Was mortified but yeah I don't really think that was right.
  • MSepp
    Options

I got a really high calorie number when I logged movie theatre popcorn once too....like 3000 calories for 2 cups or something like that. Was mortified but yeah I don't really think that was right.

Yeah, something's not right with the estimates there. You're at one extreme and the one I picked is the opposite....like under 500 calories for 6 cups? No way that's right.