low cal sugar cookies?

Options
Hi guys, I am wanting to make a "lightened up" version of sugar cookies for xmas. I am going to replace the sugar with splenda, and replace the eggs with egg beaters, but I dont know what to replace the butter or margarine with. I dont want to replace it with "light butter" cause that seems to also have alot of other bad chemicals in it. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    applesauce!

You can replace the same ammount of oil or butter for no sugar added applesauce
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've heard that applesauce works well.
    Otherwise I use Brummel and Brown which is made from yogurt
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I know that people say not to replace the butter with applesauce bc it just won't turn out as good... but, I've never had a problem, really. You could always try that and see how they turn out. The worst that could happen is they don't taste good or don't cook right and you'd just have to start over again. I like to experiment with recipes. Just have fun with it and see what you can create! :)
  • sirCed
    sirCed Posts: 16
    Options
    Be aware of partially hygrogenated oils!
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    if they turn out...please post the recipe with the nutrition info. thanks! ive also heard applesauce.
  • ambercole
    Options
    ok guys, i'm making them right now. I will post later tonight with a thumbs up or down. If they turn out well I will post the recipe.
  • arosewalker
    arosewalker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have also used canned pumpkin, but they will have more of a pumpkin pie taste.