Calories Burned During Pole Dancing Exercise Class?

Options
Hi,

Recently (and for a little bit of a laugh) I tried a one off Pole Dancing Exercise Class. Well now I'm hooked.

When I enter it onto my exercise record I'm using a combination of "strength/weight lifting," "Mild Stretching" and finally a bit for aerobics - but it is actually a little bit of a phaff.

Does anyone have good knowledge of a rough calorie burn for pole dancing, say per 5 minutes?

I realise this is a bit of a long shot - but I thought I'd try asking.

:smile:

Replies

• faeofthedark
    faeofthedark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to know this too, I haven't been able to add it to myfitnesspal diary as I didn't know what was equivalent or know enough to add it to the database.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i know this probably isnt the kind of equipment you want to be wearing whilst pole dancing but is there a way for you to use a heart rate monitor? you would get accurate calorie burns for each workout and take it from me its very rarely the exact same number every time my calorie burn varies even if im doing the same work out in the same way
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Recently (and for a little bit of a laugh) I tried a one off Pole Dancing Exercise Class. Well now I'm hooked.

When I enter it onto my exercise record I'm using a combination of "strength/weight lifting," "Mild Stretching" and finally a bit for aerobics - but it is actually a little bit of a phaff.

Does anyone have good knowledge of a rough calorie burn for pole dancing, say per 5 minutes?

I realise this is a bit of a long shot - but I thought I'd try asking.

:smile:
    #1 your profile pic picturing it pole dancing cracks me up!
    #2 I would count it similar to maybe "dancing" in the MFP data base???
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think I read it somewhere that it can be between 200 and up to 1,000 calories an hour depending on how intense the training is. I record mine as 200 as my classes involve a lot of standing around and watching and taking turns.

I also didn't know how to put it onto my diary under strength, so just put it under cardio

Glad you're enjoying it, I've been doing it for nearly 2 years and can't imagine life without it! :love: