Which scale reading should i use?

Options
I weighed myself today at the gym both before and after the workout. I was 52kg before and 51.80kg afterwards. help?! afterward si had been to the loo and durnk some water so i dont know why i was lighter. which should i take?

Replies

• bartleby9
    bartleby9 Posts: 30
    Options
    I try to weigh myself under the same conditions every time. For me, that means, first thing when I wake up, after I pee, before I consume anything and without any clothes on. Weighing yourself after working out wont be accurate as you have both sweated out lots of liquid and probably drank a lot of water. Those will throw off your number, not cancel each other out.
  • pklnh
    pklnh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to be consistent about when you weigh yourself & how often. Try to always do it at the same time of day; whether before of after exercising doesn't really matter in the long run as long as you do it the same time each time. Trying to gauge on an hourly basis whether or not you've lost or gained is not helpful especially since you lose or gain weight due to sweat &/or drinking a lot of water. Some people advocate weighing yourself weekly & others say daily. For me, every 3 days or so, in the morning after my shower works best. I hope this information helps you. [BTW - I've lost 60 lbs & have been able to maintain it for a year now.]
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    absolutely take the lighter. unless you are looking to gain, then take the higher.

just go with what you want to look it. .20 kg isn't noticeable either way. ;)
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    consistency - I weigh in the mornings, after I pee & naked!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It's .2 of a kilo difference.........?

Who cares lol! The wee you have probably weighed more than that.

But seriously, it doesn't matter, your weight is constantly fluctuating from water loss though sweat etc and what you eat and drink. Don't worry about it.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What's more concerning is that you felt the need to weigh both before and after your workout! Scale fixation is not helpful, trust me. You get focused on micro-fluctuations. Pick a time, preferably not more than once or twice a week, with consistent conditions, and weigh then. First thing in the morning, after you use the bathroom but before you eat, is the easiest because it leave you with the least variables, but if you don't have a scale at home, just try to be as consistent as possible (i.e. don't weight before working out one week and after the next).
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'd guess the before weight would be more accurate.