Cute dress! You look fabulous!
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • tstawicki
    tstawicki Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You do look fabulous and I am so happy for your success!! I started the same time as you but I have no where near the weight loss that you did. You should be proud of yourself, as your pictures do tell, I was wondering, can you tell me what all you did like eating how many calories and your exercise hints that may help me get something moving again. I am motivated so I would love to hear something from you!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Love it! How inspiring to see your happy smile. You can really see the difference in your face.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You do look fabulous and I am so happy for your success!! I started the same time as you but I have no where near the weight loss that you did. You should be proud of yourself, as your pictures do tell, I was wondering, can you tell me what all you did like eating how many calories and your exercise hints that may help me get something moving again. I am motivated so I would love to hear something from you!

Me too! I want to know how you did it.
  • sonianic
    sonianic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think that the biggest thing that I did was change my mindset. This is not a diet. This is me learning that food is fuel for my body and that I need to put the right fuel in the tank in order to feel good. Trust me, I still enjoy the extras and I have the mindset that if I want something that is empty calories - that I need to slow down and enjoy each and every bite. Otherwise - why bother? I was a gorger (is that a word??) lol. i had no "portion control" in my life.

OK - so here are the things that I have done and what has worked for me (please note - I am in no postition to suggest what others should do) I also apologise because I have literally written a book below - but hey - you asked!! lol

- I ALWAYS eat at least 1200 calories per day. I credit this with the consistancy of my weight loss. I have yet to hit a plateau.

- I have my settings on MFP for 1 pound a week. When possible, I try to have around 200 calories left over at the end of the day but don't get mad at myself if I eat all of my alotted calories for the day By doing this, I have given myself "breathing" room. :)

- I eat a minimum of 3 times a day. Breakfast is really important.

- I changed my MFP settings to show my fiber intake. This one is really important for me as I have inherited a bad digestive system. The truly wonderful thing is that I have not had ANY of the issues with my digestion that I used to. My body now works the way it was meant to. (see below for some of my fiber intake tips)

- SODIUM can be REALLY bad!!! I watch my sodium levels almost as closely as my fiber levels. Sodium will make you retain water and bloat. This in turn will make the scale read higher and your clothes fit tighter - It isn't true pounds but it will give your momentum a real whallop and possibly hurt your ability to keep forging on. Make sense?

- I come onto the MFP success stories pretty much every other day. I find that looking at other's successes, helps me to stay focused, to see that I too can do it.

- I started using the blog feature on MFP - it really helps to go back and read your own previous posts.

- I gave away all clothes that were too big AS SOON AS THEY WERE TOO BIG!!! No fall back crutches alowed.

- I LOVE ice cream - I searched through all of the options out there for frozen treats and found a couple that are full size bars but only have 70-90 calories. I have a treat before bed about every other night.

- Eat as many non-processed foods as possible. Eat veggies, cook at home rather than pick up or eat out. Fill your fridget/cupboard with things that aid in your success.

- Hydrate often. By noon each day, I am off the coffee and onto water. I drink water from noon till I go to bed.

- Add fresh herbs to your food. I have a large pot in the backyard with fresh basil, cilantro, parsely, chives, etc Chop some up and put them on a sandwich, salad, stirfry - the flavour boost you get without really adding calories is awesome. (I love a piece of toast with a bit of olive oil mayo, fresh basil and sweet tomato!! YUMMY!!)

- If you are going to have drinks (alchohol) look into the calories. Plan for it as best you can in your day. I like the Molson 67 beer here in Canada. It tastes really good and is only 67 calories a bottle. Even my husband and one of his friends have switched to it now.

- Don't beat yourself up. If you have bad day - that is OK!!! It happens. Remember, this is a lifetime commitment to better health. NOBODY is perfect. If you let the mistakes of one day get to you, it can snowball and lead to more bad days.What is done is done, the only thing you can control or worry about is the next meal.

- Celebrate every single pound lost!! Each one is A LOT of work. Pat yourself on the back!! You deserve it.

- If you are going to a party etc, bring a veggie tray with you - not only does it give you something to munch on that you don't have to feel bad about (unless you are dipping them) but it is very gracious of you to bring something to an event.

- Make sleep a priority. Try to get a full night's sleep as often as possible. I know we are all busy but it really makes a difference.

- If you are a bread lover like me - switch to a light bread - I get the whole grain light bread from Meijer. 70 calories in 2 slices. It allows me to enjoy bread without using up my calories.

- Carry raw almonds or walnuts everywhere you go. I keep a sandwich baggie filled with them in my purse. When you get hungry and are out and would normally succumb to picking somehting up at a driver through or at the corner store - just eat 4-5 almonds or walnuts - It is amazing how they can satisfy and keep you on the straight and narrow.

- If a portion of meat is larger than the palm of your hand - only eat the size of the palm of your hand.

- Contrary to what our mothers taught us - you DO NOT HAVE TO FINISH EVERYTHING ON YOUR PLATE!! It is quite satisfying to leave something on your plate. If you are at a restaurant and you keep picking at it and the waitress isn;t coming by to get the plate - put salt or pepper on it to the point where you won't be tempted. I have a problem where if it is there in front of me - I can't help but keep picking at it. If I put the salt or pepper on it, I won't.

Fiber intake:

- for breakfast (Monday through Friday) I eat an organic cereal called "Holy Crap" (I know - it is pretty funny) As far as I know, you can only get it in Canada right now but you can easily make your own. It is Organic Chia seeds, Hemp hearts, buckwheat, cranberries, cinnamon and apple bits. I put 2 tablespoons of it into a single serve container of light yogurt and mix it together - let it sit for about 15 minutes and then enjoy. The seeds bulk up in the yogurt and this breakfast will keep you satisfied until lunch. VERY HIGH IN FIBER.

- Raspberries and blackberries are VERY high in fiber and incredibly yummy. In 1 cup of raspberries there are about 8 grams of fiber. Keep them in your fridge for snacks.

- Want an evening snack? Have a apple!! They are great for you, not bad on calories and take a while to eat.

- I wasn't a big bean lover - but I have discovered that black beans are really good and good for you too. Find recipies that use them - you will be surprised. They are quite sweet and enjoyable.

- Nuts - see note about almonds and walnuts above.

- Avocados - 1 whole avocado has about 11 grams of fiber. I will cut one in half and lightly salt it and then eat it with a spoon right out of the skin. It does have a higher fat content but they are the "good fats" Just make sure that it is in balance with everything else you ate that day.

- Broccoli - steamed broccoli is awesome and so easy. I also make a mean broccoli salad that everyone always turns their nose up at but once they try it - they are addicted. If anyone wants it, I can send them the recipie. I put toasted sesame seeds in the salad for an extra punch of fiber.

• zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats! You look so happy too :)
  • islandggg
    islandggg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW awesome job!! Look great. Keep up the good work
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Where did you get that dress?? I love it!!!
  • sonianic
    sonianic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The dress is from a store in Canada called Marks Work Warehouse. It is one of their store brands called Denver Hayes. I love their clothes because it has a built in bra - no bra straps to worry about. The fabric is great too because it does not wrinkle. They make a tank top that I fell in love with that also has the built in bra.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    AWESOME!! you look fantastic!! WTG! keep up the great work!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! You look awesome ! I started right at where you were, its great to see what the possibility is down the road. And thank you for sharing your story and tips !
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    You look awesome! Great Job!
  • heathersparkes
    Options
    awesome job! You look great and I bet you feel a lot better.
  • kristibag81
    Options
    awesome job, girl! you look great!
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress.
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome job keep up the great work :)
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    you look sooo great!! you should be proud of yourself for doing so well! the polka dot dress looks awesome on you by the way; very classic! :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!
  • Shianna33
    Shianna33 Posts: 11
    Options
    You look fabolous!!! Keep up the good work:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!