FITBIT

Options
I have just found out what one is and seriously want one. But £80??????????????????????? Wow, is it worth this much? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper to get one?

Replies

• morgsgrieninger
    morgsgrieninger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    amazon. i just got mine yesterday. definitely not all its cracked up to be.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I saw it online for £65 somewhere. Google it in 'shopping'. There are loads of posts on this- do a search. Most people seem to think its brilliant.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Not sure how that converts in US $ but I paid $99 for mine & I love it. Use it 24/7 except when I'm in the shower or pool.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    When you take into consideration that you will be wearing it all day every day the cost per use isn't bad. I've had mine for a week and it has already paid for itself with the information it has given me. I have learned that my TDEE is quite a bit lower than I had estimated, which probably explains why I have stopped losing weight. I was eating at maintenance for the last few months.
  • auntfuthie
    auntfuthie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love love love my fitbit. Combining it with MFP is making THE difference in my weight loss. I go out of my way to take the stairs or take an extra trip to get more steps. Maybe it does not work for all but it is working for me. I have had it for 3 months and lost 10lbs.
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    but how does it work if its in your pocket?
  • InsuranceBabe
    InsuranceBabe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Mine died in two months and can't get any assistance from them. Loved it when it worked, but $100 for two months is not worth it.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I paid 99 dollars for mine 8 weeks ago,also paid for membership,very valuble information on being a premium member,It has helped me to eat the proper amount,found that I wasn't eatting enough as I burn over 3000 calories a day ,set it at 1000 deficite so I eat 2000 calories a day ,up 600 calories from what mfp said I should eat,never hungry and broke my platue ,I have lost 5 pounds in 8 weeks and went from 18.3% body fat to 15.8% in that time,I wish I had bought mine sooner and use it all the time except in the shower,I don't regret buying mine and have turned a few people on to getting one after they saw my results..
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love mine, use it every day.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Personally I love mine. It has been worth it to me to spend the $99 on it.

I wear it on my bra and it has been a huge help to me to motivate me. It measures the amount of steps I have taken that day so I can make a conscious decision to be more active. It also keeps track of how far I walk so I can work on that as well. The thing I like best is that it keeps a running total of about how many calories I have burnt so far so I can see if I am on track or not. If they are too low I can up my activity level and catch up.

Its not for everyone I am sure...but I love it and use it constantly.

Only time I don't is in the shower or in the pool....but I do wear it for sleep. It has made a huge difference for me in learning my sleep habits. I always knew I didn't sleep well, but now I have some sort of proof. I wake up so many times in the night normally, and now I can see how many <give or take> I do and its getting better :) I think because I am more active because of the Fitbit I sleep better.
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    getting tempted but if you have it in your pocket or in your bra, how on earth does it know how many steps etc you have done?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    From their website:

'The Tracker contains a 3D motion sensor, much like the ones found in the Nintendo Wii. The Tracker senses your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities. The Tracker measures the intensity and duration of your physical activities, calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled, how long it took you to fall asleep, the number of times you woke up throughout the night, and how long you were actually asleep vs. just lying in bed. You can wear the Tracker loosely in your pocket or clipped to your clothing, even bras.'
  • suemorgan1969
    Options
    Thankyou everyone, especially Jazz. Think I will get one........will hint to my partner later, about time he bought me something xxxx
  • cdhaverland
    Options
    My husband and I both got one and we wear them every day. He’s lost 17 lbs. and I’ve lost 16 lbs. since we got them in March. It’s motivated us to walk every morning and we both look for ways to get extra steps throughout the day.

This thing is amazing, they way it integrates with MFP has made all the difference in the world for us. We have made lasting changes and we both feel great, well worth the $99!
  • cdhaverland
    Options
    I have found their costumer service department to be fantastic. My husband caught his on the side of a chair and broke it, they sent him another one right away. A friend of ours lost his and they sent him a new one, can’t ask for more than that.
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love love love my fitbit. Combining it with MFP is making THE difference in my weight loss. I go out of my way to take the stairs or take an extra trip to get more steps. Maybe it does not work for all but it is working for me. I have had it for 3 months and lost 10lbs.

This.

Also, I went out last night and left it at home. I was mad! I spent the rest of the night thinking about all the steps that wouldn't get recorded. It ends up being like a game.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    amazon. i just got mine yesterday. definitely not all its cracked up to be.

It's a good item. A little confusing to use at first, but I love mine.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

This.

Also, I went out last night and left it at home. I was mad! I spent the rest of the night thinking about all the steps that wouldn't get recorded. It ends up being like a game.

I feel the same way haha
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    One of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm a cheapskate. I can't justify spending money most of the time, but the fitbit was a great purchase. I use it every day, all day. Customer service has been amazing to me. It's helped my understand my day-to-day habits better than anything else.