Nike fuelband vs fitbit

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
Just come across this whilst researching reviews on the fitbit. Any comments versus comparisons. I've read a lot about people losing their fitbit so would the fuelband be better?

Replies

• lynn_marie68d
    Options
    good question....I need one.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY NIKE FUEL BAND!!!!!!
  • perkarri
    perkarri Posts: 3
    Options
    i have the fitbit and am forever losing it. Usually when you change clothes, it's so small you forget. The upside is its been really great for keeping me on track with getting in my exercise. it gets addictive to check it to see if you can beat the steps from the day before. I love my fit bit and suspect that once I get used to it I may not forget or lose it? It's only been 1.5 weeks that I've had it. Sorry. I don;t know much about the Nike product.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    They are completely different products. Nike Fuelband does a lot more. Fitbit is just a pedometer/altimeter with a pretty interface. That doesn't mean they don't have good purpose, they are just not really comparable
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    They are completely different products. Nike Fuelband does a lot more. Fitbit is just a pedometer/altimeter with a pretty interface. That doesn't mean they don't have good purpose, they are just not really comparable

Can you give more info on what the fuelband does that the fitbit does not? I'm trying to decide between the two as a gift to myself when I complete a 30 day workout program but was leaning toward the fitbit..still unsure so any info would be great :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Can you give more info on what the fuelband does that the fitbit does not? I'm trying to decide between the two as a gift to myself when I complete a 30 day workout program but was leaning toward the fitbit..still unsure so any info would be great :)

Sorry - I was actually thinking of a different Nike product!! My bad. But The Fuelband is more expensive because it's water resistant, uses Bluetooth to sync to iOS devices, and even though it's not worth much unless you have Nike+ products, for the water resistance alone I would have to rate it above the FitBit
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

It gives you the Fuel units you've burn, steps, calories burned, and the time. It has LED lights and you can program it to your computer and smart phone...you challenge yourself everyday by setting different goals...there is a FUELBAND Community and compares you with other people in your age range...I have had my fuelband for 2 months and I do not leave home without it. It resets everyday, but you can check your progress on your phone or computer...LOVE IT...I hope this helps.
  • newcs
    Options
    Sorry - I was actually thinking of a different Nike product!! My bad. But The Fuelband is more expensive because it's water resistant, uses Bluetooth to sync to iOS devices, and even though it's not worth much unless you have Nike+ products, for the water resistance alone I would have to rate it above the FitBit

Thanks for the update! I think I'm still leaning toward the fitbit...I like that it can be easily concealed and I'm not sure the water resistance is a factor for me. If anyone else has pros/cons, I'd love to hear them
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    bump--I'd love to know more about both products.
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options

It gives you the Fuel units you've burn, steps, calories burned, and the time. It has LED lights and you can program it to your computer and smart phone...you challenge yourself everyday by setting different goals...there is a FUELBAND Community and compares you with other people in your age range...I have had my fuelband for 2 months and I do not leave home without it. It resets everyday, but you can check your progress on your phone or computer...LOVE IT...I hope this helps.

Just ordered mine yesterday...Can't wait until I can use it...I swear I will not want to take it off!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I wear it all the time. I like how it intergrates nicely with mfp. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I even got a co-worker to buy one and she loves it.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    i have the fitbit and am forever losing it. Usually when you change clothes, it's so small you forget. The upside is its been really great for keeping me on track with getting in my exercise. it gets addictive to check it to see if you can beat the steps from the day before. I love my fit bit and suspect that once I get used to it I may not forget or lose it? It's only been 1.5 weeks that I've had it. Sorry. I don;t know much about the Nike product.

I LOVE my Fitbit ! I clip it to the center of my bra or the top of my underwear.. (I don't use the holder it comes with)
  • hazel240
    hazel240 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in the sleep quality feature of the Fitbit. Would love to hear if anyone has used that part. Also, does it track calories when you're exercising??? I'm wondering how accurate it is - same question with Fuelband.
  • newcs
    Options
    I'm really interested in the sleep quality feature of the Fitbit. Would love to hear if anyone has used that part. Also, does it track calories when you're exercising??? I'm wondering how accurate it is - same question with Fuelband.

So I don't actually have either but in all of my googling, this is what I've found:

The sleep feature basically tells you how much you move around. For me, I don't think this would be useful as I sleep soundly through the night but I move a lot, especially my arms.

I've heard very mixed reviews for tracking calories (accurately) while exercising. It seems more like a pedometer because it can't really take into account intensity like a heart rate monitor. Some people have found it's very close to the reading of their HRM but others have found it to be way off.

Personally, I decided I'm going to get a heart rate monitor. I already do a good job of motivating myself to walk more so I don't think I really need the all day motivation of the fitbit/fuelband (I park at the far edge of parking lots, walk instead of drive, etc). My main concern is making sure I'm accurately counting the calories burned when actually purposefully exercising. I'm leaning toward the Polar FT4 right now but won't order til I finish the 30 Day Shred (which unfortunately is taking me much longer than 30 days lol)
  • hazel240
    hazel240 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I'll have to look into this more. Maybe the Heart Rate Monitor would be a better bet. I have a couple more months left before I put together my "Santa List". LOL!

Thanks for the info newcs!!!