cheese anyone?

Options
hi im looking for a afordable still yummy low cal.,and fat cheese
can anyone help

Replies

• rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    The best cheese I've found is reduced-fat string cheese from Target. It's 60 calories per stick and 8 grams protein.
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Do you want a hard cheese or a soft cheese?

Because if you like soft cheeses, any reduced fat cottage cheese, cream cheese or ricotta can be made insanely good mixed with herbs or garlic, or for a sweeter treat pureed fruit.

For a hard cheese, I can't really specify a brand, because I'm not in the US, but in Australia, most brands, including supermarket brands do a lower fat version of their cheeses.

Otherwise, watch your portion size and just log it, and work it into your day's calories.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Check out the low fat cheeses and try to stick to the deli chesse, less process involved. Goat cheese, low sodium feta, and aged cheddar is my favourite. Moderation is the key!

STRING CHEESE!?!?!?! That's not even cheese, yuck!!! :wink:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe has a selection of reduced fat harder cheeses. Equally delicious as full fat.
    No matter what the choice, work it into your daily figures and savor the flavor!
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    sargenttos (SP?) has ultra thin sliced cheese and are between 40-70 calories. I find them great for sanwiches