Sugar and protein over the limit

Options
Hi, i would like to know what you guys think about this. i keep going over my sugar that MFP gives me. this sugar is mostly coming from fresh fruits. so os this healthy sugar or not? How am i supposed to eat my fruits if they are so high on sugar? also i'm going over my protein. but i do not reach my carbs or sodium. also i do not reach my fat allowed. so is it ok to go over my protein and sugar?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Yes, going over on protein and sugar if it is from fresh fruit, milk (imo) or veggies is fine. If it is from fruit juices, chocolate milk or liquid veggies then I'd say to watch it a bit. There is some wiggle room for you to still lose weight and be perfectly ok if you go over your sugars.

It's almost good to go over the default protein IMO. I reset the macros in mine to my goals (fat loss with muscle retention): 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat.

Like for me I downed a pound of strawberries for breakfast (less cals than you think, check my diary), and I will undoubtedly go over my sugar "goal" today.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Fructose good. Refined sugar bad.

Protein good.. Very good.
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have questions about this too. I am usually under for protein and calories but I seem to be eating a lot. It shere a "tutorial" or something newcomers can "study" so we can understand these measurements? Happy to hear from anyone.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I routinely exceed the protein goal set by MFP--I find that eating higher amounts of protein is what keeps me from getting hungry. I also exceed the sugar goal most of the time because I eat a lot of fresh fruit. I don't consider it something to worry about!
  • rbrashear68
    Options
    It's my opinion that MFP has protein targets too low. Of course I'm a weight lifter so I believe 1 - 1.5g per lb of lean body weight should be more like it. But they don't have me getting even close. Protein is the hardest macro (vs fats and carbs) for your body to convert to fat. But even then....staying at or below your total calorie goal is the most important factor. Going over on some things is okay, but not total calories for weight loss.