going out tonight, what can i drink?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm going out with some friends tonight and was wondering what you all drink when you are out? I have 2 kids so don't go out much! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Wow I've already seen about 3 threads on this already today!! So I'll say it again, haha - vodka or gin mixed with slimline tonic or soda water. Ask for a gin and slimline tonic, vodka and slimline tonic, or vodka and soda :)
    I these, the only cals come fromt the alcohol - about 55 cals for one shot of vodka, probably similar for gin.
    Have a good time :D

Oh and remember - if you're going out, if you're dancign and whatnot you'll be burning extra cals so don't be afraid to treat yourself a bit :) my favorite very rare treat is a delicious pina colada XD (and, brilliantly, the bar doesn't want to waste money giving you looaadss of tasty cocktail so they fil the glass with ice, keeping the serving actually relitavely small usually compared to what you might make yourself at home.)
  • skibunne9
    skibunne9 Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks so much!!
  • eklipz95
    eklipz95 Posts: 3
    Options
    Rum, Vodka, Gin and Scotch Wiskey all have 0 carbs. I typically stick to Bacardi Silver. Also, no flavored liquors like Limon or Cake.

Mix with Diet Coke and you are fine.
  • jaimemc86
    jaimemc86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my favorite low cal drink is citrus vodka and soda water! 60 calories for one short drink. The only thing to be cautious of with tonic water is sugar content. Unfortunately, most bars don't have the low sugar option, so I always stick with soda water to be safe. Enjoy your weekend!!
  • skibunne9
    skibunne9 Posts: 6
    Options
    sounds good...love RUM!
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    I drink vodka and water with a little splash of cranberry with a lime. Must be cold though, do not ask for no ice. Less vodka, but warm is slightly repulsive.
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    I drink vodka and water with a little splash of cranberry with a lime. Must be cold though, do not ask for no ice. Less vodka, but warm is slightly repulsive.

I can attest to that, got given a (double)vodka&soda without ice by accident last night....eewww.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on this raspberry lambic beer that Lindemann's makes. 12 oz, under 90 cals. Tastes like a glass of candy, but surprisingly low in sugar.
  • Cmbisbee
    Cmbisbee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love any brand of sweet tea vodka (i.e. Mothers, Jeremiah Weed) mixed with unsweetened tea. The unsweetened tea is 0 calories, and the vodka is 66 calories.
  • prtybrwneyescd
    prtybrwneyescd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for a beer, Michalob ultra is a very good beer with very low carbs
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Bacardi Silver and Diet Pepsi :drinker:
  • luvmypwds
    luvmypwds Posts: 81
    Options
    My favourite drink is definitely vodka & soda with a heavy squeeze of lemon over lots of ice.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do the vodka and soda and add a little crystal lite (I prefer the lemonade). I alternate this with a plain soda + lemonade and nobody knows the difference.
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic is about 56 cals :smile:

There are some really good low calorie wines out there too. Banrock Station do low cal varieties in red, wine and rose. I think they are about 60 cals per 125ml glass.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My favourite drink is definitely vodka & soda with a heavy squeeze of lemon over lots of ice.

This ^ but I have a wedge of lime! And then lots of dancing... And a 'cheat' meal the next morning!
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Vodka, lime and water. Prevents a hangover too coz the water keeps you hydrated :)
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Vodka + diet coke
  • Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I drink malibu and diet coke when I'm being strict on the diet - only 1/2 a weight watchers point (the old system) so it's guilt free!
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    my favorite low cal drink is citrus vodka and soda water! 60 calories for one short drink.