? about calories burned

Options
bonkers5975
bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
Hey everybody. I don't know if there are any other horse people out there, there's such a wide variety of folks on here, I thought somebody might be able to help me!

My question is, how many calories do you think longeing a green horse uses? This of course isn't on caloriesperhour.com! :tongue: I have two young horses that I work on a longe line, and being green, there's a lot of tug-of-war and running after them involved!

Anyway, I know it's exercise, because after an hour of it, I'm ready to drop.

Thanks for any ideas! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I don't know if there are any other horse people out there, there's such a wide variety of folks on here, I thought somebody might be able to help me!

My question is, how many calories do you think longeing a green horse uses? This of course isn't on caloriesperhour.com! :tongue: I have two young horses that I work on a longe line, and being green, there's a lot of tug-of-war and running after them involved!

Anyway, I know it's exercise, because after an hour of it, I'm ready to drop.

Thanks for any ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but your av is precious!! :love: :love:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Wow good question. I would guess it'd be about the same as "weight traning", since i'm sure your using every muscle in your body!