I think I've become addicted to Jillian Michaels...

Options
I have been using MFP on and off for a few months now, but lately I have been doing my best to be on here everyday, even if it is just to read other's success stories.

I do not like to count calories, I'd rather "monitor" them. I found when I log everything that I eat, I obsess over the calories & I find myself not eating anything because I become too concerned with how many calories I have left at the end of the day.

I am getting married in October and my first dress fitting is August 9th. The last time I tried the dress on, it was tight in my mid-section with a small gap in the back. The words "We can let this out" have been bugging me since then and I decided now was the time to really start doing something about my weight loss journey, especially if I want that dress to fit.

I ran a 5K last month, but stopped running as soon as I was done with my goal of the 5K and it began to be too hot to run at the same time I was used to running. I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and since I started it on July 5th I have lost 4.8 pounds! I know part of this is that I am eating more health consciously than I was before but this is just unbelievable to me! I think I have become addicted to the workout DVD! I feel like I NEED to do it everyday and I feel like my day is complete once I have done it. I've even gone so far as to ordering Jillian Michael's Making the Cut book, just to see if she has any tips in there that I can follow beyond the workout DVD. As soon as I'm done with the 30DS, I'm either going to start it over or buy the Ripped in 30, I'm still undecided. All I know is Jillian is crazy, but it's helping me for the better!

Replies

• cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm a little Jillian obsessed myself. I have her 30DS, 6 Week 6 Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown & Extreme Shed & Shred. I love her dvd's! I started with 30 DS and moved on from there and I'm soooo glad I started with 30 DS cause I never would have been able to stick with it if I'd tried the others 1st. Her workouts get harder and harder.

Congrats on your success thus far and congrats also on completing the 5K. I can't wait to run one...or many. haha
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    Me too~! I'm getting great results with 30 Day Shred without having to go to the gym if it's raining or too hot :D It's amazing! I'm on level 2 right now and I'm gonna start her ripped in 30 right after. Her yoga one was not that great tho... o.o (my knees hurt from it)
  • shelbyss133
    shelbyss133 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am so with you! I have the same dvd, as well as three biggest loser books.... jillian michaels' own book and I was on her website for a week free so I can get my exercise plan made by her! I have lost 4 pounds since this and I started this at the beginning of this month!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting it but how much is it? It doesn't say on the page for me (at least not now) It looks like I just have to go through to order it?
  • lesliereal
    Options
    I'm also am addicted to Jillian Michaels!!! LOVE JILLIAN!!! :wink:
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    *put's hand up* My name is Sarah & i'm addicted to Jillian Michaels DVD'S :laugh:
    Currently following 'shred with weights'...love it
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    love her! starting 30 day shred soon!! :happy:
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian!!!! (like you couldn't tell from my ticker haha)

She is my favorite. I have pretty much all of her DVD's and would recommend many of them!

I disagree with some of the products she sells though (as I think some are quite hypocritical) but overall I think she is a wonderful person/coach! Her videos have helped me drop a bunch of weight... if you wanna see where I got just doing her vids + running look at my blog! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jennt_22/view/now-and-then-295229

I am taking a workout class with her in September and I cannot wait!!!!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting it but how much is it? It doesn't say on the page for me (at least not now) It looks like I just have to go through to order it?

Check to see if your library has it before buying it, so you can try it out. My library had it so I'm borrowing it for now. A lady in line at the library told me her friend had just bought the 30DS at Target for like $9. I haven't priced them yet, tho.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I really have to concur. I started the 30DS in late February. I did each level for at least 2 weeks. After no change in the scale for 3 months prior, I finally saw movement in the right direction. Lost 7 pounds doing level 1. When I finished level 3, I started over, sometimes doing two sessions a day. Several times I did all three levels in one day, I liked it so much. I bought a couple more of her videos and I just finished doing week 4 (for 10 days) of the Ripped in 30 workout.

I really have been meaning to post some after photos, I did take some before pics. I went back to the 30 day shred, this week, but it doesn't seem like enough now. I'm going to try the 6 Week 6 pack next.

Even though she's always saying, "let's go ladies," and things like that, I love the workouts. Good calorie burn for the short amount of time. I love Jillian!

*edit* Can I keep my man card? I know I'm not the only guy out there doing Jillian.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Check to see if your library has it before buying it, so you can try it out. My library had it so I'm borrowing it for now. A lady in line at the library told me her friend had just bought the 30DS at Target for like $9. I haven't priced them yet, tho.

I hadn't even thought of that-thanks!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    target and walmart 9 or 10 bucks and well worth it!!!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I really have to concur. I started the 30DS in late February. I did each level for at least 2 weeks. After no change in the scale for 3 months prior, I finally saw movement in the right direction. Lost 7 pounds doing level 1. When I finished level 3, I started over, sometimes doing two sessions a day. Several times I did all three levels in one day, I liked it so much. I bought a couple more of her videos and I just finished doing week 4 (for 10 days) of the Ripped in 30 workout.

I really have been meaning to post some after photos, I did take some before pics. I went back to the 30 day shred, this week, but it doesn't seem like enough now. I'm going to try the 6 Week 6 pack next.

Even though she's always saying, "let's go ladies," and things like that, I love the workouts. Good calorie burn for the short amount of time. I love Jillian!

*edit* Can I keep my man card? I know I'm not the only guy out there doing Jillian.

yes, you can keep your man card - you were man enough to admit it! :happy:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have done at least 6 of her programs and lastly JM BodyRev completed that a few weeks ago and its something about the change she gives your body and hey nothing wrong with being addicted to results and that's what she brings..
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    *bows* I, too, concur to the almighty Jillian Michaels.. and I promise to suck it up and give it my best when I am starting 30DS again tonight *bows head in shame*

JM rocks! :-D
  • nidials
    nidials Posts: 1
    Options
    You can find them at Wal-Mart for like 10 bucks:)
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to her!

If you want a challenge after 30DS, I suggest you try "No More Trouble Zones". It's a 45 minutes workout (7 circuits) but there is no cardio, just strenght and abs, altought I sweat a lot more than in the 30 DS! It's AMAZING!
    I started with 3lbs weights and now I'm with 5lbs but everytime it's a challenge and if people can see results with 30DS (half the time of NMTZ...) then it should be awesome with this video!
    I'm on my 20th day today! Hope you'll like it...
    :)
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    If you like Jillian, try giving Bob Harper a try! His Inside Out videos are kicking my butt! Bob is very similar in style to Jillian(in my opinion) and both of them are wonderful!
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Also was addicted to Jillian-had the love hate thing going with her! Got some good results too. Just to try something new as I get bored easily I tried the Biggest Loser Boot Camp with Bob Harper. LOVE the Boot Camp & I hate to say this but I think I see better results with the Boot Camp. But will probably go back to Jillian 'cause of the boredom thing. I order all my workout DVDs from Target- I think they were around $10.
  • angelastites75
    angelastites75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can also view the workout on youtube. All three levels are on there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!