Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

so ashamed of this..

I recently found a photo of me when I went to a theme park about 2 years ago, and Oh My God, I feel that I looked like a fat beached whale. I mean, look at my thighs.. :sad:

The one where I am wearing a dress is a newer one (since I started dieting in April) and personally I don't see any difference..this my seem like I am fishing for compliments like 'Oh you look swell', I'm not, i genuinely think that I look the same as I am still the same size in pants (although I actually fit a belt now..) . :grumble:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/15405393

and it didnt help that last week I lost no weight either.. :huh:

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    I recently found a photo of me when I went to a theme park about 2 years ago, and Oh My God, I feel that I looked like a fat beached whale. I mean, look at my thighs.. :sad:

The one where I am wearing a dress is a newer one (since I started dieting in April) and personally I don't see any difference..this my seem like I am fishing for compliments like 'Oh you look swell', I'm not, i genuinely think that I look the same as I am still the same size in pants (although I actually fit a belt now..) . :grumble:

You are making terrific progress. I can see a difference between the amusement park picture and the dress picture for sure. And to quote your own picture back to you, "which step will you reach today?" :flowerforyou:
  • Well, the first thing I noticed is the difference in your face. It looks thinner :)
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    aw thankyou both :) and I think I achieved the 'I will do it' today, as the rainy weather did not make me wanna exercise yet, I perceived!
  • There is a tremendous difference in your face! Don't worry, you are making progress and it is visibly evident! Keep up the great work and soon you'll see for yourself!

By the way, congrats on fitting in a belt... I don't remember the last time a belt went around my waist!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    I agree with Jen, def look thinner in the face and neck. I lose the same way - face, neck, legs, arms .... Still waiting for my mid section to reduce. Hang in there, it will come. The question is ... how do you feel?

24101214.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    You do look different!

I look in the mirror and can't "see" my changes either. Our changes are gradual enough that we ourselves do not see them. But oh my goodness if I l look at an older photo - yikes. Keep it up. Don't give up. One of these days, you are going to look into the mirror and see yourself for the hot babe that you really are!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    There are a lot of out here that have done the same. I get embarrassed every time I look at old photos of myself. I'm only half way there but I feel so much better already:) Good luck on your journey!
  • amyy010
    I agree with Jen, def look thinner in the face and neck. I lose the same way - face, neck, legs, arms .... Still waiting for my mid section to reduce. Hang in there, it will come. The question is ... how do you feel?

24101214.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Aw thankyou, I have heard that that's what happens first and the stomach area is last D: haha, I feel better in myself than what I used to do and I feel more active :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member

You have come along way. It takes time for our minds to catch up with the reality of our bodies. Trust us, you look great!
  • amyy010
    Thankyou so much Linda :) you're such a good friend here always so positive, and 2muchsauce, I can see in your profile picture, WOW you look totally different, keep up the good work and good luck on your journey too :)
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I can see a difference, you're doing great, be proud of yourself!!!!!
  • amyy010
    Aw thankyou both :) x