what exercise can i do at home?

Options
hey guys
im in NZ and it so cold here like -1 last night i don't want to go outside and exercise
is there any exercise i can do at home? with out going out and buying thing
would like your ideas

thanks

Replies

• taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi!

I can sympathise with you, it's cold where I am here in Australia too, although thankfully not quite as cold as -1!! Eeek! While it's cold I jog inside, on the spot, or around the living room, (it sounds silly but after getting sick twice from early morning jogs in the cold it's a smarter option for me). I also do workout DVDs. If you don't want to spend money buying any DVDs, jump on YouTube and do a search for some exercise videos, there are plenty on there, you just have to find one that goes for a decent length of time and that you enjoy.

Good luck!
  • AdaBee
    AdaBee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I exercise with videos I find on YouTube or TV. Lately I've been doing Leslie's Sansone's Walk at Home or Walk to Fitness videos, and I also like some of Paul Eugene's videos. There are a ton of them out there, you just have to wade through them to find the ones you like and that work for you. Then I also do a bunch of different kinds of crunches and things, and some of Priscilla's Yoga Stretches that I DVR'd off of TV; On Demand has a bunch too if you have that or something like it. If you can't find anything there, usually the library has DVD's to check out, or if you have Netflix or something like it, they may have something you like.

During the whole month of June it was super hot here and plus we had a lot of smoke from the wildfires here in CO, so I didn't want to go outside much either but I like to exercise at home a lot anyway; it's really convenient! Good luck! :)
  • miss0belinda
    Options
    thanks for that will do that jump on youtube and have a look
    taaters with the jog inside, how long do you do it for i was thinking of running up and down the hallway as it long but not sure for how long
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    hey guys
    im in NZ and it so cold here like -1 last night i don't want to go outside and exercise
    is there any exercise i can do at home? with out going out and buying thing
    would like your ideas

thanks

All sorts!! For example, I recently got rid of my gym membership and I am doing (as well as running outdoors) the BodyRock 30 day challenge http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/04/30/may-30-day-challenge-sexy-by-summer-day-1-start-here/ - they have workouts for where you don't have equipment too. After that I am going to try the 30 day shred, which cost £4.99 for the DVD!

Good luck!
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    if you can get a few exercise DVDs you can do a good variety, I really like the 10 minute solution DVDs they're all bitesized 10min sessions all for different types of exercise.

I have 10min kettlebells which is fantastic and apparently huge fat burn and 10 min target toning, there is a huge variety out there though. good luck
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    if you can get a few exercise DVDs you can do a good variety, I really like the 10 minute solution DVDs they're all bitesized 10min sessions all for different types of exercise.

Yep, these are great! Cheap on Amazon and you can mix them up for a great workout!
  • klgglasgow
    klgglasgow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to dump the money on DVD's, you could always go to the local public library and check some out instead. Surprisingly, in this day and age, libraries are pretty current and up-to-date on what they carry (at least the one near my house is...). Also, if you have Netflix, there are a ton of videos on there. Lastly, there are plenty of exercises you can do that don't require anything except your own body for resistance. Yoga is also awesome; it will strengthen, tone, and give you that long, lean look if that's what your after. I will post some links later for more info. Good luck!
  • miss0belinda
    Options
    thanks guys i just run up and down my hallway 50times lol i need to lay down i havent done exercise like in forever
  • mnlght535
    mnlght535 Posts: 84
    Options
    I have netflix and I am obviously not searching correctly but I haven't found any exercise videos.. do you have any titles that I can search? Thanks for your help :)
  • hlj4773
    hlj4773 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have netflix as well and can't find exercise videos. Where do we go to get them??
  • angbunny22
    angbunny22 Posts: 56
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels DVD's at home with weights. They can be purchased pretty much anywhere including Walmart, Target and Amazon.com for less than $10. Currently doing 30 Day Shred :)
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
  • leelavic
    leelavic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every entry above, so apologies if this has already been suggested: 1000 rep workout.

10 Burpees
    10 Squat Jumps with (or without) the Sandbag.
    10 Push Ups
    10 Toe Touch Sit Ups
    10 Dips using the Dip Station (or body weight)
    10 Tuck Jumps
    10 Plank Jax
    10 Split Lunges
    10 Leg Drops
    10 Squat Thrusts

Do this routine, 10x (or as many times as you can get through). Time yourself and then keep getting faster! Modify as needed.

You need nothing, except a space to do pushups and maybe a towel (and water).

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/11/28/it-will-rain-sweat-1000-rep-workout/

This is my go to workout if I have no equipment and want to power something out!
    Also - try searching Pinterest, under Fitness. There are a ton of "do this workout" pinned.
    Have fun!
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Are you doing any strength training? It's not just for guys and trust me you won't bulk up... it takes allot of time and effort for that to happen. Do this: http://hundredpushups.com/ -- and then also do cardio such as running in place, jumping jacks, etc. Do you have an iPhone? Search on "Workouts" in the iphone store and the one by Daniel Miller is a good one to get. Its worth it to pay for the full version which isn't much. Hundreds of at home workouts to do in there. Each one shows a demo on your phone.