What fitness dvd would you buy?

Options
I am currently using just 2 fitness dvds and i heard your muscles gets used to same old routine and its not as effective. I need something different now, any ideas on what i should buy??
:smile:

Replies

• Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    P90X
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for? It's hard to recommend something without knowing what your goals are or what level you are.

You can have a look at videofitness.com for a lot of reviews and search the forums. There is info about pretty much every workout DVD somewhere on that site.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I did:
    Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred (before/after pics in my profile) and Jillian Michael's Trouble Zones (before/after pics in my profile), Both gave me amazing results, but I did them everyday for 30 days straight.

I am now alternating between TurboFire Greatest HIITS and Trouble Zones.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner: Power Circuit Traing
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm loving Ellen Barrett, Kelly Coffey Meyer, & Chris Freytag

collagevideo.com just sells fitness DVDs! (OK some equipment too) They have video clips, reviews, information on each DVD ...... examples impact level, equipment needed, fitness level. This is my first stop when shopping for a new DVD! So much information .....

Kelly Coffey Meyer has a series callled 30 Minutes to Fitness. These DVDs have 2 - 30 minute workouts plus lots of premixes to keep it fresh. Kickboxing, Bootcamp, Weights, Step Aerobics ..... lots of styles. Kelly has a great personality

Ellen Barrett's workouts are "Soothing" ..... you don't feel stressed out, or that you're working that hard, but I feel it the next day! Ellen is very down to earth and "genuine"
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    To be honest, i have only done a rosemary conely one which is aerobics. I have my kettlebells dvd too. I have a small living room so theres not alot of room, and i basically have to do my exercise while my daughter is asleep on an evening. I have to be quiet aswell which is pretty hard to do. I dont mind what dvd really (im not that fit just yet either.)
  • mizkitty22
    mizkitty22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I do the Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies. lol Idk if you're into that...
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I did:
    Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred (before/after pics in my profile) and Jillian Michael's Trouble Zones

^^ this! Also her 6 week 6 pack and banish fat boost metabolism. The rest depend on personal taste. I like Billy Blanks's Tae bo DVD.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Zumba!!! :D would reccomend it to any and everyone
  • davery1985
    Options
    I did:
    Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred (before/after pics in my profile) and Jillian Michael's Trouble Zones (before/after pics in my profile), Both gave me amazing results, but I did them everyday for 30 days straight.

I am now alternating between TurboFire Greatest HIITS and Trouble Zones.

I was looking at this dvd, so ill probably invest in it :-) Ill have a look at your before and after pics too if it will let me xx
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I was going to suggest collagevideo.com, but I saw that someone else already has. I am also a huge fan of Bob Harper. You can go to mytrainerbob.com and get his dvds for $5 each. His workouts are killer. I have about 50 workout videos which I have been buying since the early 90s. Some of my favorites are Karen Voight, Gilad Janklowicz, Tamilee Webb and Petra Kolber.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i will tell you this... not mr motivator! lol x
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    To be honest, i have only done a rosemary conely one which is aerobics. I have my kettlebells dvd too. I have a small living room so theres not alot of room, and i basically have to do my exercise while my daughter is asleep on an evening. I have to be quiet aswell which is pretty hard to do. I dont mind what dvd really (im not that fit just yet either.)

Here are awesome, FREE kettlebell videos.

www.livefitrevolution.org

Given your constraints, kettlebells is perfect.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVD's are pretty good. They are usually 20 to 40 minutes long and have beginner and advanced moves. I personally love 6 week 6 pack and ripped in 30.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Ahhh ..... Quiet = Leslie Sansone for cardio. Low impact & the moves are so simple, you could actually mute the sound & use an MP3 player. "The Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan" DVD has both cardio & strength straining. Leslie is VERY beginner for strength training - but intermediate for cardio. This DVD is programable..... you pick & choose the miles and/or strength training you have time for. Target, etc. will have this ....here is the collage website for a video clip

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-ultimate-5-day-walk-plan-6155

Kelly Coffey Meyers "Start Here" is great ..... it's half cardio and half strength training. The cardio is very basic & easy to do. It's mixed impact, but there is a modifier to show you lower impact (quieter) moves

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-start-here-6097
  • michwinger
    michwinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs...esp Walk Away the Pounds Express 4 mile Super Challenge and her 5 mile fat-busting DVD. Both are easy, don't take a lot of room, but are effective. Also LOVE Rockin' Body DVD's from Beach Body...they are fun, but not sure yet on effectiveness....have only had them a short while.
  • davery1985
    Options
    Ha ha i used to laugh at him when i was a kid!! My sister has his workout dvd too which is so funny!!!!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Ellen Barrett might be a good choice, especially if you like a little mind body fitness and a soothing, upbeat manner. I like Bikini Ready Fast, Fat Burning Fusion and Slim Sculpt.

I also really like Leslie Sansone. I know a lot of people think it's easy, but her newer "boosted" workouts are great and easy to fit in. I've done Insanity,and I still get benefit from her videos. I like four fast miles and 5 mile fat burning walk. You can do the whole videos or just individual miles when time crunched.

Another favorite is Women's Health Train for Your Body Type. It's got a good Interval cardio workout and strength training. The DVD is programmable and has daily workouts.

Also, I love Chris Freytag. Her 10lb Slimdown and 10 lb Xtreme videos are great.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    =O =O =O What's wrong with Mr Motivator?? He''s awesome XD
  • nwebb822_cancel
    nwebb822_cancel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chris Freitag: Kickstart Your Metabolism (kickboxing), and Walking Cardio ShapeUp Max. Both are excellent.