New to My Fitness Pal and looking for support

Options
Hello Everyone! I'm 33 years old and I am new to My Fitness Pal. The thing I am not new to is struggling with my weight. I have been overweight/obese most of my life and I have tried every fad diet that you can imagine and they all "work" for a short time and then I always end up gaining back more than I lost to begin with. I decided to take control of life and my weight. I am trying to just eat healthy and just become more healthy overall and hopefully lose the weight that I want to lose as a result of the healthy eating. My friend recommended this site to me so I thought I would give it a shot and I deicded to come to the message boards because I could always use the moral support. Having someone to help me through the low points when I would normally reach for food to cope would be a big help for me ( I am definitely an emotional eater).

Replies

• Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I've found the help from my MFP friends invaluable. This is the only time I've managed to stick to a weight loss programme and really enjoyed life at the same time. I'll send you a friend request. Wishing you all the very best :flowerforyou:
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    welcome.......no one but others in the same boat can understand what your going thru and trying to acheive. I've got 80 lbs to lose and am home here everyday.

Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • mizkitty22
    mizkitty22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be in your support group! I'm working hard too lose weight too!
  • sassyladi0404
    sassyladi0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new to Myfitnesspay as well and would love to be apart of your support group!
  • omerc10696
    omerc10696 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I know the troubles of weight loss, feel free to add me if you like