Returning to MyFitness Pal

I had stopped using MyFitness Pal when I became so obsessed with logging calories that I felt horrendous guilt no matter what I ate. Just watching the number of calories per day, even when it stayed below my target, made me mad and upset with myself. I am trying to find a balance because I definitely gained weight when I stopped using it. I actually really like working out, and usually do at least 5 days a week if not 6-7--- a mix of cardio and strength training, but after getting myself down from nearly 200 lbs *my heaviest and I was only a senior in highschool* I have been stuck, fluctuating between 128-140. I don't know how to find the balance without feeling guilty. I don't know how to stop being obsessive about the number because I was at one of my lowest points when I weight my least. How do you find the balance?

Replies

• v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Let go of what you cannot change or control, and make the best decisions for your health.

I have one day a week where I do not log, I just eat whatever I want. The rest of the week I am "good."

Find a way, that you can live with, that takes some of the pressure off. This should be a positive experience, not negative.
  • Katyrosedid
    Katyrosedid Posts: 4 Member
    Thats the challenge, isn't it?

LETTING GO. I am trying. Patience has not been my strong point in anything I've done. But i'm trying. Thanks for the response.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I don't use all the features here. And I don't think you have to - just lilke in life, take from it what works for you.