June Starters - December 14th

Options
Last week: 267.4
This week: 266.2
Loss of: 1.2 pounds!

Yay me. Back on track. And now that finals are finished (as of two hours ago) the stress I've been feeling over classes will be gone and I'll have a TON more time for working out. Just in time for another food filled holiday! Lol.

Mini Goal - Down to 263 (Fourty pounds lost) the monday AFTER Christmas.

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Good job amandadaisylotus!

Saving for wednesday.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Bump so I can find this tomorrow!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Don't we usually have a few more Monday weighers? Anyway, congrats Amanda!! Looks like you have found your groove :bigsmile:

I might weigh-in tomorrow....I have a Christmas party tomorrow night that will be atrocious. It's all finger foods, and I added a few of them up and they already add up to 700 calories :( That's probably more than I ate at Thanksgiving. And I have been super bad this last week so I am pretty sure I'm looking at a gain. Oh well, I had fun while doing it hehe
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Yay me. Back on track. And now that finals are finished (as of two hours ago) the stress I've been feeling over classes will be gone and I'll have a TON more time for working out. Just in time for another food filled holiday! Lol.

Yeah! Congrats!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    SW 182.4
    LW 144.4
    CW 143.0

About time the scale started moving again! Even though I haven't really lost much in the past month and a half I've still been losing inches. Since I've been doing a strength training regimen that likely means that I'm losing some fat and gaining some muscle. I'm excited to continue with the strength training!

I'm flying home for Christmas this evening, so I'll be away from my scale, my food scale, and my own food! Thankfully I can go to the gym there (one awesome feature of Goodlife gyms, you can go to any location!) and will hopefully come back in January the same or lighter!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

Way to go, amanda!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    SW 182.4
    LW 144.4
    CW 143.0

About time the scale started moving again! Even though I haven't really lost much in the past month and a half I've still been losing inches. Since I've been doing a strength training regimen that likely means that I'm losing some fat and gaining some muscle. I'm excited to continue with the strength training!

I'm flying home for Christmas this evening, so I'll be away from my scale, my food scale, and my own food! Thankfully I can go to the gym there (one awesome feature of Goodlife gyms, you can go to any location!) and will hopefully come back in January the same or lighter!

AWESOME!!! You know you are doing something right to see your body changing for the best!! I appreciate your encouragement here in the June Starters posts!!! Have a great Christmas Break!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    BTW, ladies... I bought be some really pretty lingerie to celebrate my 19lbs :happy: (46lbs in all)
    I encourage you guys to do this too... Whatever it is that is your little indulgence to celebrate a weight loss victory...DO IT!! I'm not at my final goal, but it sure feels good to get started on the victory celebrations early :wink: Let's celebrate our "mini goals"!!! It keeps us encouraged!! :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone: I'm happy to read that everyone is doing well ... as you can see ... for me ... not so much. Yes, you read it right, I gained 2 1/2 lbs. this week. How you may ask? It was easy. ROAD TRIP!! My friend had a business trip in Ohio and invited me for company. I completely forgot about my mission and acted like a teenage boy with an incredible metabolism. I ate sooooo much ... the food over on the American side of the river is way awesome ... I experienced for the first time ... Cracker Barrel, Country Buffet, and a Philly Swiss Cheese Hogie ... oh my goodness ... my intestines are screaming. It was really yummy going in ... but now even my skin it too tight. I'm back home now and downing the water ... hopefully it won't take long to reverse the damage. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

SW 208.5
    LW 175
    CW 177.5
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to put this in yesterday but here goes:

SW: 300
    LW: 267.5
    CW: 266.5

So down a lb. Not bad :)
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hi everyone: I'm happy to read that everyone is doing well ... as you can see ... for me ... not so much. Yes, you read it right, I gained 2 1/2 lbs. this week. How you may ask? It was easy. ROAD TRIP!! My friend had a business trip in Ohio and invited me for company. I completely forgot about my mission and acted like a teenage boy with an incredible metabolism. I ate sooooo much ... the food over on the American side of the river is way awesome ... I experienced for the first time ... Cracker Barrel, Country Buffet, and a Philly Swiss Cheese Hogie ... oh my goodness ... my intestines are screaming. It was really yummy going in ... but now even my skin it too tight. I'm back home now and downing the water ... hopefully it won't take long to reverse the damage. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

SW 208.5
    LW 175
    CW 177.5

Come on, Mags!! You can do it!!! You'll get back on track... I know you will :wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to put this in yesterday but here goes:

SW: 300
    LW: 267.5
    CW: 266.5

So down a lb. Not bad :)

Yay, for the 1 lbs!!! YOu're trucking right along... you have those 250's in sight :wink:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    saving for later...probably not going to be good.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options

SW 208.5
    LW 175
    CW 177.5

LOL You'll probably be surprised. My money is on a lot of that poundage being water retention from really high sodium foods. I love Cracker Barrel but they're not exactly health conscious. And a Philly? Amazingly delicious... and chock full of sodium. So keep your water intake up and get right back on track and I wouldn't be surprised if you drop everything you gained and then some.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

SW 208.5
    LW 175
    CW 177.5

LOL You'll probably be surprised. My money is on a lot of that poundage being water retention from really high sodium foods. I love Cracker Barrel but they're not exactly health conscious. And a Philly? Amazingly delicious... and chock full of sodium. So keep your water intake up and get right back on track and I wouldn't be surprised if you drop everything you gained and then some.

Oh I agree! Sodium heaven!
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    you all have been doing so well since August...when i dropped out! I will be checking in on Wednesdays
    I want to tell all of you to be really careful with the Christmas treats....I had a gaul bladder attack on Friday and was in he hospital last night with the possibility if emergency surgery, thank goodness it can wait until the first of the year......not good!..

Keep up the good work!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It looks like there have been some great losses. Congratulations!

I am only down 0.6 lbs, but I will take it. This officially pushes me into the healthy BMI range. When I started I was obese, only for the first week, but obese non the less. Feels good to be healthy! I still hope to be down more firmly into the healthy range by the end of the year, but for this week I am happy.

Good luck to all the rest of our late weighers. Chin up to all of the people who battle the scale this week. We can all do this!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    It looks like there have been some great losses. Congratulations!

I am only down 0.6 lbs, but I will take it. This officially pushes me into the healthy BMI range. When I started I was obese, only for the first week, but obese non the less. Feels good to be healthy! I still hope to be down more firmly into the healthy range by the end of the year, but for this week I am happy.

Good luck to all the rest of our late weighers. Chin up to all of the people who battle the scale this week. We can all do this!!
    I hit that last week and started in obese too. CONGRATS!!!!!!!

LW 145.6 CW 144.8 I'll take it!:wink:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Imagine my great surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning and was down! Last night I went to a Christmas party and I had sausage balls, candy, s'mores cheesecake, cheese, spinach dip and chips, veggies, and oreo truffles. It is impossible to determine how the body will react to things I've decided. Whenever I think I have it figured out it throws me a curve ball...but I'll take it!! :D

SW: 191
    LW: 152
    CW: 151.5
    GW: 140

It's starting to feel like I'll never be at my goal and I'm growing weary of calorie counting :indifferent:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    A lot of great weigh ins this week! Good job everyone!! I hopped on the scale this afternoon and I'm exactly the same. I'd like to check again in the a.m. though, just to see. :wink:

Courtney! You're only 11.5 lbs away from your goal! Don't give up now! You're so close!!!! Maybe try to maintain through the winter and get down to losing again in the Spring.

I've pretty much told myself if I can maintain my weight through winter I'm happy. It's so cold, I hate having to change in the cold gym and I hate trying to force myself to move in the cold and all I want to do is eat. I'm never full. I changed my settings to lose 1/2 lb each week and it's still not enough cals sometimes.