Losing inches and not weight?

Options
So I did my weigh in this morning and I was up 2lbs. I've been eating right and exercising(hour of cardio) for 6 days a week and recently took my first month progress photos and noticed i've lost fat in my back and can fit shirts that didn't yet the scale is saying otherwise.

I just wonder if anybody has the same problem or situation?
Is it possible to lose inches and gain or stay the same in weight?
I don't know if I should change my diet or something or change my routine...(my diet isn't bad at all though.)
I just don't know...any reassurance?

Replies

• jenlichfield
    jenlichfield Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes it's entirely possible to change shape and not lose weight. Most people want to look different in their clothes, so really what the scales say don't matter too much.

If you look slimmer and can fit into smaller clothes, I'm guessing that's the result you were looking for. That's not a problem - that's a fabulous result!
  • jenlichfield
    jenlichfield Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way - ditch the boring cardio and do more weights. That'll really get you results!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat! I've been at the same weight now for 2 weeks, but my clothes fit better and my stomach is disappearing :-). I've joined the no scale for month club because clearly it doesn't know what it's talking about ;-)
  • cece678
    cece678 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks, I want to get into weights I'm just a little scared since at my gym its like ALL men but I am trying to add it to my routine! Maybe I'll start to today and stop pushing it off! Thanks!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I wouldn't care if the scales said 300lbs if I could lose inches :blushing: Just to help you out a little bit, fat takes up more space (volume) than muscle. . . but the same volume of muscle weighs more. From reading only a couple posts on these boards, people just don't get that. But think of it this way, if you lost 5 inches of fat in the hips/butt area, but have replaced it with 2 inches of toned muscle. . . you'd be down 3 inches in measurement but not in weight (quite possibly gaining). So who cares if you weigh more. . as long as your booty is getting tight!!!:laugh:
    Ditch the scale and just look at your clothes
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    ITS MUSCLE BABY!! I religiously measure myself at the same time as weighing. Muscle burns more calories passively (it's my simple lingo btw and that I'm no expert) and it also weighs more than fat. So shaving the inches means your getting fitter, your getting more muscles to burn stuff while your sitting around and a soon to be fab body if it isn't already!! :) good luck and smile goodbye at the inches gone!! xD

p.s. it'll take a LONG time and a LOT of effort to get to the kind of stage we see the ripped men and women so don't worry. Go online and look for a Body Fat % Calculator and work yours out. Healthy is usually around the 20-25% mark (I'm aiming for but depends on your build ofc). At the end of the day it is INCHES we wanna lose, the weight is a major part of that and we can become so consumed by the scales we sometimes forget this. ;)