Serving sizes.

Options
I have been doing this long enough that I can eyeball a serving size on most things, I know what a cup looks like and 1/4 cup and ect.

Today my friend brought me lunch, chinese and after we got done eating I went to log it. Well the serving size for shrimp foo young is a cup, I compared my shrimp foo young to what a cup would be and I decided on a cup and a half. My friend tried to tell me it was a quart of shrimp foo young!!!!

I wanted to punch him, he was like well the menu said it was a quart! I just had to tell him that the whole container fried rice and all was a quart not just the shrimp foo young cause that would have been ridiculous!!!!

He keeps arguing with me about it, but I am sticking to my gut. I know it wasn't 4servings of shrimp foo young that I just ate!

-end rant-

Replies

• SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    your doing better than me! lol i cant even eye measure what a serving is. don't fret about it too much. its ok to accidentially overeat sometimes.Only bad think about chines is the sodium, which sucks.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You do what you want. Log it as you like. After all it is your food log. I get my fiance mad when I measure everything, he claims I am crazy. lol
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've become so reliant on my scale I don't think I can eyeball measure!! I get anxiety when I am away from my scale! I've even brought it with me on a picnic!